McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the Mac setup specs that I have all the 10 series saws used dj8j champion plugs.

130-071C.jpg

I got a PM 800 that seemed weak on compression but it tested good with a compression tester. I could wrong about this but I believe the 800 didn't have the compression release because they have a "Q" shaped exhaust port for easier starting.

I hope that is the case. It has some but I really did not pull it hard. Guy said they were put away running. I have pretty much set my expectations low until I see them with the muffler off, which still is a ways off on these for now.

Great score! I got mine a while back for similar money. Has a 26" McCulloch stamped bar (original owner sez he bought it NEW with a 36" B/C but he traded that bar in for the 26" since it was "more handy"......argh!). The dead primer-shatback carb was a lost cause, so I swapped in a Tillotson HL63.

Well JP.............when you get that 'pile' list together I'll be interested in the bad coil/flywheel XP1020 (if you want to part with it) and a Super 44A for sure. Maybe other stuff. I rebuilt the HL19 for your 795, and will send it to you once I get the throttle link all sorted out. Should finish it by Thursday.
Yep I seen your 650 a week ago or so..nice saw!! They shake the shop for sure. Yeah E thanks for the HL63 tip..priceless!!. 44A...SECURITY!! nice motor:rock: ..PM box full:rock:

I have a well used McCulloch File-N-Joint, plus one new in the package. The package show a little rash from lots of handling but it's nice to have one in new condition.

On another note, business took me to the Twin Cities yesterday and I had pre-arranged to meet with Stude54 (Brian) on the way home. I traded a 250 for a very clean D-30, and another saw (SD 123) for a whole truck load of McCulloch parts plus a sign and a banner.

Here we are relaxing after getting the truck loaded up.

196447d1314207209-dscn5121-jpg

I'll try to snap a few photo's of the haul tonight to give you an idea, lots of 10 Series parts and covers plus a few interesting others, and oh yeah a small collection of Mini Mac and 600 Series stuff as well.

Mark

I have a well used McCulloch File-N-Joint, plus one new in the package. The package show a little rash from lots of handling but it's nice to have one in new condition.

On another note, business took me to the Twin Cities yesterday and I had pre-arranged to meet with Stude54 (Brian) on the way home. I traded a 250 for a very clean D-30, and another saw (SD 123) for a whole truck load of McCulloch parts plus a sign and a banner.

Here we are relaxing after getting the truck loaded up.

196447d1314207209-dscn5121-jpg

I'll try to snap a few photo's of the haul tonight to give you an idea, lots of 10 Series parts and covers plus a few interesting others, and oh yeah a small collection of Mini Mac and 600 Series stuff as well.

Mark

Had a feeling that banner would wind up on a wall at your place. He did have a lot of stuff, usable stuff even.
Good spot for it, you can parse it out as required.

From the 10-10 you mean?

Theres only one plug spec. May change during the production run, but still only one right style of plug. Many different manufacturers of that style.
Should be listed in your IPL. If you don't have the exact one for your saw, its possible I do. Chainsawr is sending you to some other site thats pretty accurate and specific.
Package on your doorstep Fri if they are more accurate than the weatherman.

Theres only one plug spec. May change during the production run, but still only one right style of plug. Many different manufacturers of that style.
Should be listed in your IPL. If you don't have the exact one for your saw, its possible I do. Chainsawr is sending you to some other site thats pretty accurate and specific.
Package on your doorstep Fri if they are more accurate than the weatherman.

Metal tag says:
Mod: 600002 U
SERIAL: 11-55855

I have 4 IPL's, one of the four shows the correct starter and the same oiler/gasket setup it's for 11-60001 according to it's header. That IPL is worthless as far as the spark plug goes. It lists three different plugs by MAC # only but doesn't say which one goes with what unless the line that says: 63097 (not A or E) is somehow related to the "U" in the model number?

Tracked over to Home which is ordertree via chainsawr.com found IPL for 600002 U shows plug 63097 standard, 63432 cooler! Tried to put 63097 in "my cart" says part number invalid...oh well now I just need to cross 63097 to an actual plug number.

Latest posts

Back