McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that Loctite '2-ton' 2-part clear epoxy for wood, metal, and plastic. That stuff cures fast and resists oil and gas really well. They also have a new 2-part plastic mending epoxy that works good on modern Stihl and Husqvarna tanks.

can I run 404 chain on my 3/8 sprocket ?

the day I got my latest 125 c I just gassed it up and headed to the test log.

thought it made some funny noise when It ran but was too excited and just stuck er in da wood.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/myebaiSJiss&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/myebaiSJiss&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

I knew it had 404 on it and never thought about the possibility somebody
would hang a 404 chain on a machine with a 3/8 sprocket..

I see that a lot on yard ornament saws here but not on a running saw.
actually I just found another with same problem. a little remington that had a 404 chain and 3/8 spocket.

well, anyway....lesson learned. make sure they roll smooth before you go test cuttin.

glad I have a few new sprockets on hand. kinda roughs em up a tad bit:bang:

Must have been a nitemare to be a Mac dealer!

Don't get me wrong I'm not hear bashing Mac's! I love some of them, but in my quest to seek and save all the old chainsaw IPL's and shop manuals I run across, the Mac manuals just blow me away. Seems like there endless

I mean how many saws were named a Eager Beaver? Seems like alot. How many versions of a 610 were there and I bet there must be 25 diffierent IPLs for a 10-10!

Whats the difference in a Pro Mac 700 and a Pro Mac 4300? Must not be anything but the names because they share the same IPL and all the parts seem the same.

Mini Macs? Why on earth are there all those different versions of them?

Then theres a mini mac 6 and power mac 6.

Those dealers had to get grey hair trying to keep them all straight and they needed a manual shelf 100' long!

Like I say I'm just talking out loud here. Oh I'll scan and save them all but man what a job its turning out to be.

Don't get me wrong I'm not hear bashing Mac's! I love some of them, but in my quest to seek and save all the old chainsaw IPL's and shop manuals I run across, the Mac manuals just blow me away. Seems like there endless

I mean how many saws were named a Eager Beaver? Seems like alot. How many versions of a 610 were there and I bet there must be 25 diffierent IPLs for a 10-10!

Whats the difference in a Pro Mac 700 and a Pro Mac 4300? Must not be anything but the names because they share the same IPL and all the parts seem the same.
Mini Macs? Why on earth are there all those different versions of them?

Then theres a mini mac 6 and power mac 6.

Those dealers had to get grey hair trying to keep them all straight and they needed a manual shelf 100' long!

Like I say I'm just talking out loud here. Oh I'll scan and save them all but man what a job its turning out to be.

The sticker on the filter cover...

attachment.php

I mean how many saws were named a Eager Beaver? Seems like alot. .

So many that no one on AS can even find an IPL for mine that has electronic ignition. Like it doesn't even exist. I have basically given up on it.

So many that no one on AS can even find an IPL for mine that has electronic ignition. Like it doesn't even exist. I have basically given up on it.

I have one. Shows points in the exploded view, but when ya look at the part number, there are footnotes, and gives the PN for the Electronic Ignition coil.

A few more Mac's for the collection

My father and I went to visit an older gent that had used a few saws back in the day and has held onto them until recently. He is now 81 and this is the second time we went to see him, (the first time he let us buy about 10 saws) and this time he let us take a few more, even one of his favourite's, but he wants to see them brought back to life and even used a bit, so we said we would help him out.

So here are 4 of the Mac's we got, can you identify them?

attachment.php

I sure wouldn't mind buying that IEL Super Twin he has sitting there... :drool:

The two-man looks sorta like my 12-25a. The one on the left might be a 44?

That particular IEL is one of his (my father's) favourites, he won't let it go.

The two man is not the 12-25a, but close, this ones a little heavier and a few more CC's. The one one the left is a 44 I think its a Super 44.

McCulloch Parts

I just inherited a McCulloch Double Eagle 80 with approx a 26" bar. It has a broken handle that appears to be part of the cast aluminum gas tank assembly. Model# is 0015504 Serial # is 11-012715.

Does anyone know:
- What year this was made?
- Where a part like this may be available?
- Where I might find a parts saw?
- What other models are the same as this model...possibly a ProMac 800?

Thank you!

I just inherited a McCulloch Double Eagle 80 with approx a 26" bar. It has a broken handle that appears to be part of the cast aluminum gas tank assembly. Model# is 0015504 Serial # is 11-012715.

Does anyone know:
- What year this was made?
- Where a part like this may be available?
- Where I might find a parts saw?
- What other models are the same as this model...possibly a ProMac 800?

Thank you!

I have that IPL yet to scan, model # you posted is quite different but the serial prefix 11- is the same.

The IPL I have is listed as March 1987.

The tank and handle assy is part #218620

Last edited:
Back