McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoss

Addicted to ArboristSite
Alright fellas, here is a video look at the MC70G Kart engined gear drive I got a while back. I cleaned points, swapped on much larger tillotson HL315 carb, added .404 drive gear and resealed the stuffer. The oiler also needed to be freed up. When I got it, the rear shroud had been removed, so I replaced it, but I had to cut out the center section to allow for the larger block. Anyway here is a video look at it all finished and clean. Hoss's Mac MC70G - YouTube I will add a cutting video this week as soon a my next batch of oak comes in. I am very very pleased with this one.

homelitejim

homelitejim

Full of Scrap
I leaned out the CP70 a scosh but then got into my strap, man what a hard day for video production.
[video=youtube;NCmoxjwlziQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCmoxjwlziQ[/video]

ozflea

ozflea

Good ol' BP Zoom 25-1
Alright fellas, here is a video look at the MC70G Kart engined gear drive I got a while back. I cleaned points, swapped on much larger tillotson HL315 carb, added .404 drive gear and resealed the stuffer. The oiler also needed to be freed up. When I got it, the rear shroud had been removed, so I replaced it, but I had to cut out the center section to allow for the larger block. Anyway here is a video look at it all finished and clean. Hoss's Mac MC70G - YouTube I will add a cutting video this week as soon a my next batch of oak comes in. I am very very pleased with this one.

I thought cleanliness was next to godliness ...... good combination there

McBob.

heimannm
82 cc 10 series pistons

Two years ago they appeared to be unobtanium, today there are at least half a dozen on e-bay but you have to be sure to get one that matches you cylinder code ("A", "B", etc.) Some are listed at $69 to $89 and the ones from Bryce are $40 BIN.

Eccentric will be along to provide us with more details, he seems to understand the codes and which work with which.

Mark

Eccentric

Eccentric

Mister Wizard
Two years ago they appeared to be unobtanium, today there are at least half a dozen on e-bay but you have to be sure to get one that matches you cylinder code ("A", "B", etc.) Some are listed at $69 to $89 and the ones from Bryce are $40 BIN.

Eccentric will be along to provide us with more details, he seems to understand the codes and which work with which.

Mark

Sorry I'm late. Home net service (and TV and landline....damn AT&T U-Verse) still down. On a bit with the smartphone...

Anywho....these pistons have to be matched with the cylinders. They are stamped (or not stamped) on the head of the cylinder. Near the comp release port......or more specifically where the SP80/81 and PM850 saws have their comp release valve. Later jugs (on the DE80 and PM800/805/8200 with decomp valves on the side of the jug (or with no decomp) are marked in the same location as on the earlier jugs.

As stated, there are A, B, and C pistons and cylinders. A pistons are #92518, and match A jugs. B pistons are # 92519, and match B (and unmarked) jugs. C pistons are # 92520, and match C jugs. These piston assembly part numbers apply for all the 82cc saws in this series.

The part numbers for the PM800/805/8200 and DE80 jugs are different than the earlier cylinders, but the piston numbers didn't change. Just match up the letter codes and you will be golden.:cheers:

Last edited:
Arrowhead

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Here's my latest Mac. It was a $46 buy-it-now on ebay. This is exactly how I received it. Looking at the rim and bar, I'd say it was only used a couple times. Has a 24" bar and original Mac chain. Anybody have a spike to fit this saw?

IMG_6271.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

IMG_6272.jpg

IMG_6275.jpg

IMG_6273.jpg

IMG_6270.jpg

Warped5

Warped5

WingNut
Here's my latest Mac. It was a $46 buy-it-now on ebay. This is exactly how I received it. Looking at the rim and bar, I'd say it was only used a couple times. Has a 24" bar and original Mac chain. Anybody have a spike to fit this saw?

Yeah, you do suck ... but your part number is 86330 and looks like the one that fits most of the rest of the 10 series saws.

OREGONLOGGER

OREGONLOGGER

ArboristSite Guru

IMG_6271.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

IMG_6272.jpg

IMG_6275.jpg

IMG_6273.jpg

IMG_6270.jpg

That's a great saw mine is in great shape also and just shakes the shop like my big Mac's and has that great sound like a good running 10-10 does. I put a velocity stack and a high flow UNI filter on mine runs a 28" no problem fellas want to buy mine all the time...not a chance:hmm3grin2orange:

Cascade Saw

OREGONLOGGER

OREGONLOGGER

ArboristSite Guru
We all say take that flatback off those 797's and and install a Tilly HL-63 carb in it's place. Found a few 250's with that HL and it's easy as that. Had a SDC on my Super 797 wasn't running like I wanted, installed that HL-63 and holy crap:rock::rock: that Super 797 runs like a champ now:clap::clap:

Overtrained

Overtrained

Not crazy, Stoopid!
Fixed this eager beaver today. Got the saw from psuiewalsh with idle problems. Took out the Zama carb and put in a Walbro that I rebuilt (walbro carb compliments of joeymt33 as well as the brake handle). Fired right up and idles nice. Ran a file over the chain and now im going to park this saw on the shelf as another completed fix. Its on to the carb swap for the 2-10, now its really getting fun.:rock:\

2r2rouu.jpg