McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the pump section diaphram, specifically the check valves. It's not closing. Instead of pumping into the carb, it's pressurizing the tank. If I pull the line and load it, then rope over the motor, instead of drinking it, it spits it all out.

No idea what to do now. They're all doing it. Another $25 kit won't fix it.

I am having that same problem. I can fill the fuel line with gas and then hook it to the carb, and when I pull the rope I can see the gas being pushed back into the tank. I'm thinking about making my own pump diaphragm or at least taking the new one apart. I don't like how its sandwiched between the two gaskets.

988.jpg

Added the first Mac to my collection last night. Mac 795 in running condition...dirty but new fuel lines and carb rebuilt. Story I was told was he inherited it from his Grandfather who was a logger in the State of Washington. I can't imagine loggin w/ a saw that powerhead alone is 23lbs. I'm thinkin I did ok at 125 bones.

Added the first Mac to my collection last night. Mac 795 in running condition...dirty but new fuel lines and carb rebuilt. Story I was told was he inherited it from his Grandfather who was a logger in the State of Washington. I can't imagine loggin w/ a saw that powerhead alone is 23lbs. I'm thinkin I did ok at 125 bones.

Saw that on CL. Glad it found a good home!

Photo0389.jpg

I have a pile of stuff, most of it is 10-10 but will fit on your SP81 let me know what you need.

Manual oil pump, sprocket, clutch?, clutch cover, gas tank, oil tank, 2 starter bolts, electronic coil - for starter

Oh yeah and lots of prayer

Anybody on here sell on ebay as glennerdog?

Don't know him. But I bought one old mac 250 from him a few years ago. It became real obvious that he's on the coast as I tore the saw down to get spark. Lots of rust on bolts, and anything non-alloy. His stuff usually Looks pretty tortured. Ex-logging type wear and tear.
Good luck with your rebuild. If ya Keep watching, you will eventually find a good power head, and maybe use this one for a donor.

Don't know him. But I bought one old mac 250 from him a few years ago. It became real obvious that he's on the coast as I tore the saw down to get spark. Lots of rust on bolts, and anything non-alloy. His stuff usually Looks pretty tortured. Ex-logging type wear and tear.
Good luck with your rebuild. If ya Keep watching, you will eventually find a good power head, and maybe use this one for a donor.

Yup. Don't think he's a member. I got a 2-10 from him that was decent and later sold and a Husky 61 that was mechanically sound, but the absolute worst, run-hard-and-put-away-wet, filthy saw I've ever worked on. I gutted it, cleaned and painted it and sold it, too.

Manual oil pump, sprocket, clutch?, clutch cover, gas tank, oil tank, 2 starter bolts, electronic coil - for starter

Oh yeah and lots of prayer

I will need a detailed pic of your gas tank as there were a few different styles. Does the coil have all the little extra wires like the one from the condenser and points, ground and switch? The two starter bolts, do you need the long ones that go around the starter or the little ones that go on the front, side, top, and rear of the housing? I don't think I have a proper oil tank unless someone can tell me if they are all the same through the series as the bearings rest on the back side of the oil tank. I have a manual oil pump and should also have a extra clutch and sprocket. I will get to digging this weekend, pm me the pics and info along with your address, and we will hook you up in the next week or so.

I will need a detailed pic of your gas tank as there were a few different styles. Does the coil have all the little extra wires like the one from the condenser and points, ground and switch? The two starter bolts, do you need the long ones that go around the starter or the little ones that go on the front, side, top, and rear of the housing? I don't think I have a proper oil tank unless someone can tell me if they are all the same through the series as the bearings rest on the back side of the oil tank. I have a manual oil pump and should also have a extra clutch and sprocket. I will get to digging this weekend, pm me the pics and info along with your address, and we will hook you up in the next week or so.

jim, i got the oil tank covered. he will be getting a long block from me in the near future.

Hey guys, I've got David's (broncoRN) SP80 at my house. If y'all are looking for info or pics of his saw, ask me. Also, if parts go out, they should be sent here. I'm going to do the labor for a cheap rate. I work for beer. I just talked to David and we decided a paint job was needed, so I'll be on that as soon as I get the proper parts. I'm hoping to make another Mac fan out of him.

Hey guys, I've got David's (broncoRN) SP80 at my house. If y'all are looking for info or pics of his saw, ask me. Also, if parts go out, they should be sent here. I'm going to do the labor for a cheap rate. I work for beer. I just talked to David and we decided a paint job was needed, so I'll be on that as soon as I get the proper parts. I'm hoping to make another Mac fan out of him.

well i guess a pm is in order.:msp_wink:

I will need pics of the tank so I know which to send, there are a few different tops. I will get a box of stuff loaded this weekend and will get it to the post office next week some time. PM me your address. Also a pic of his clutch cover, I have a few options here including a full cover with chain brake fixens but missing a few hardware parts but definitely has the brake handle, let me know what you think and I can send pics.

here is a video to get David excited. McCulloch SP81 with a 24 inch bar and chain buried.
[video=youtube;Iq7bk6eS5vs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq7bk6eS5vs[/video]

i've been working like a rented mule this week, so when i get done drinking beer and grilling steaks for the next three nights i'll get back to working in the shop and working on that SP80. for now, its time to unwind.:cheers: BTW, i went and toured the Jack Daniels location last week and i brought back from Lynchburg TN several bottles of that Tennessee sippin' whiskey. i recommend that you take that tour if you're close.

Joey really goes the extra mile for everyone, there isn't enough nice things to say about him. He's helped me out indefinitely over the past couple of months with MAC issues and parts.

The rest of you guys are alright too:cheers:

Latest posts

Back