McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a rough supper 44a that has some good parts if anyone wants it. Its in pieces but the piston, cylinder, full wrap, and some other parts are good. the body has some corrosion, looks like it got rock salt on it or something..

Brad Morgan, look at my signaiure for a link to a McCulloch carburetor thread, should help answer some questions on the flat back carburetor (made by Walbro by the way).

Good quality and reasonable priced kits with diaphragms and gaskets can be found at Sugar Creek Supply, he can be found on the internet or go to CSC.se.

Other parts like the needle & lever can be purchased from Bob Johnson. He has new primers as well but they get a bet spendy.

Cliff, a real nice saw indeed.

Mark

when you're wheelin and dealin in 1950's saws, you narrow the gap...lol. Not too many non-fanatics after those...and where do fanatics meet?? right mutha fergin here :)

895 with 066 for scale. The pictures don't do the 895 justice.

895m.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

895001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice looking 895. Put the saw on a scale and that will do it justice. I have a 890 and for the weight of the saw you need at least a 3' bar to justify the use of it. The bad thing is that my 890 has a 20" bar.

yes the 895 is a beast to say the least, the carb took a sht on me but once i can find a kit it will be back in the game. I love the look on peoples faces when they see and hear that monster in wood. One day when I have the money I would like to change it to 404 and run a very big bar on it.

yes the 895 is a beast to say the least, the carb took a sht on me but once i can find a kit it will be back in the game. I love the look on peoples faces when they see and hear that monster in wood. One day when I have the money I would like to change it to 404 and run a very big bar on it.

If you are talking about a mac flatback carb, then the kits are readily available. I'm not sure of the name of the place that sells them, but you can find it on the collector's corner. I'm sure someone will chime in in a minute. Mark has also done a good job of creating a thread here on AS showing just how to rebuild one of the flatbacks.

i dont know what you mean by flat back. I am not that familiar with mac saws. The only numbers on the carb are 63682 and it is flat on the bottom with four big screws on the bottom plate. Is this a flat back carb or something else?

thanks HOSS I looked at the site and it says "McCulloch MAC-9 Flatback carb kit!" and the carb they used had MAC-9 stamped on it, and the person selling them does not know what it will fit. So I am asking you will this kit fit my carb?

895002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

maybe the pic will help you.

Would you like yellow cheese slapped on those Macs or black crinkle pepper or both? Would you like to try a side order of roller tips today? They're really quite smooth. With Pin tail or chisel topping? Will that be for here or will you need a helper handle to go?
:givebeer:

Back