McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ebay 1-45

Scored a 1-45 on Flea-Bay yesterday, another 80 cc for the collection.
:cheers:

I was wondering when i would hear who one that. It was me who was the highest bidder till the last few seconds... good job and smooth move. i went on to win the mac 250 with 2 bars that ended about 20 mins later. good luck with that 1-45 looked real nice. enjoy.

here's the 1-41 I picked up today, found on CL.. sitting in the guys garage for years... dropped some gas in the carb and MANY pulls later it was roaring. needs a good cleaning but only thing I see so far that it needs is a new air filter.

here's the 1-41 I picked up today, found on CL.. sitting in the guys garage for years... dropped some gas in the carb and MANY pulls later it was roaring. needs a good cleaning but only thing I see so far that it needs is a new air filter.

Nice!! :cheers: Now can I have the bar? :D That's a cool bar.

that is niiiice! good score!

even better score at only $20. and nope, bar is mine... pretty good condition, chain is shot though. guy was asking $35 but I offered $20 at not knowing what needed to be done to it.. just alot of elbow grease for cleaning - caked full.

old macs

i am a tree man here in tn and run stihls, husky pole saw, dolmars, and some jonsereds. i ground out five minutes worth of stumps and an old man gave me his perfectly clean 610. he said his wife made him quit using it so he would just start it every once and awhile. it screams and i am going to use for a conversation piece.

even better score at only $20. and nope, bar is mine... pretty good condition, chain is shot though. guy was asking $35 but I offered $20 at not knowing what needed to be done to it.. just alot of elbow grease for cleaning - caked full.

I was kidding... :D Throw a new chain on, get her cleaned up, and start cutting wood!! I command you to do so!!!! :blob2:

:D

Similar to my 1-42 except for the starting part. I cranked on mine today until I thought I was gonna have a heart attack and I only got it to pop a couple of times. I think that was why I traded in my last old Mac.

i am a tree man here in tn and run stihls, husky pole saw, dolmars, and some jonsereds. i ground out five minutes worth of stumps and an old man gave me his perfectly clean 610. he said his wife made him quit using it so he would just start it every once and awhile. it screams and i am going to use for a conversation piece.

If you end up not wanting it, I'll throw something your way for it. (not sure what it'd be, though)

I was kidding... :D Throw a new chain on, get her cleaned up, and start cutting wood!! I command you to do so!!!! :blob2:

:D

I know ya were kiddin' :msp_biggrin: was just looking at the chain and I don't think the depth gauges were even touch since it was new and the teeth are completely flat... wow.... I can't wait to drop it in some logs.. it took some pulling but it finally popped a few times and then sputtered a few then finally with feathering the throttle got it going. can't believe it works so good for as bad as it looked.. oiler, choke, all good..

before i get too crazy - what is the smallest saw that can pull this bow blade? i'm still wanting a smaller bow saw and even though the 640 didn't work out I don't know the other options.

I have a bow on a 200, 80cc direct drive saw. If that bar was on a 640 it should go right on any of the large frame McCullochs from the D-36 on up.

I also have a non running Homelite XL 12 with a bow.

It does not necessarily take a lot of cc to pull a bow since normally you are only cutting small diameter limbs or trunks.

Mark

just picked up a mac 250 off ebay last night for $45 with two bars. said it ran 4 years ago when his uncle put it away cant wait to get it and hear it run. ive heard good things about the 250's are there quite a few parts out there for them i figured they were pretty interchangeable with most bigger mac is this correct?

sweet im glad to hear it hopefully i can make it dependable to be my number 2 saw when i go to the woods. i bet the thing will be a beast with a 20'' bar and a sharp chain. cant wait to get it running and see the chips fly. you mac guys got me hooked.

173374d1298341363-photo-jpg
173375d1298341375-photo2-jpg
173376d1298341388-photo3-jpg

Nice saw. Ron

before i get too crazy - what is the smallest saw that can pull this bow blade? i'm still wanting a smaller bow saw and even though the 640 didn't work out I don't know the other options.

What do you need to get the 640 going? Just a engine?
Is the rest of the saw in good shape?
Did you post pics of this saw and Bow bar some where?
I saw the pic of the scored piston but no other pics.

Back