McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should work on the PM6, I have them on a few mini's and they work great. They are similar engines but the PM6 is just ugly:D

OK, I won't bother to send ya the PM6s I have. :D

Going to check my MM inventory shortly, I'll have a PM to ya in a couple hours.

On the FAR other end of the McC spectrum, anyone interested in one of these? Not sure where exactly it is, but if someone makes a deal for it, I could possibly pick up and ship for you.

90hp Mcchulloch aircraft engine

OK, I won't bother to send ya the PM6s I have. :D

Going to check my MM inventory shortly, I'll have a PM to ya in a couple hours.

On the FAR other end of the McC spectrum, anyone interested in one of these? Not sure where exactly it is, but if someone makes a deal for it, I could possibly pick up and ship for you.

90hp Mcchulloch aircraft engine

Minosi wants the PM6:D

According to one old tree service guy I knew, the PM6 was the best bucket saw ever built.

Mark

Dads PM6 was my first (and last) climbing saw...

It was new when I rescued it from his garage, still in the yellow case of course.

It had been his wedding gift from his new in-laws...he can't operate a hammer let alone a chainsaw...so there it sat.

Didn't take me long to trash it, but it always ran, and was the best 1 handed saw out there in my opinion...hated the 020 (heavy, bulky), some of the others out there just plain sucked, like the Super 2. Even bought a Titan 7 (CAD existed back then!) which was OK, but I always went back the the 6.

When the guys were running Husky 266's etc. I would get busted on for the 6, a 805, 10-10S and a Titan 50...all of which I used for side jobs, and kept in my trunk. Can't tell you how many times we finished a job because I had those in my trunk...they would always come through. Plus the Mac dealer was right in town, parts? no problem!

Restoring that 6 to A++ for his Christmas present, just like I found it.

Added another to the stable over the weekend...runs good!

View attachment 262167
262167d1352843730-2012-11-09_14-32-28_812-jpg

I'm Jealous!! And I didn't really need to hear that. Do you really need it? :msp_rolleyes:

There is a nice one in VT that someone just posted in the Ebay/CL thread...not NOS though!

Speaking of PM6

Speaking of PM 6 saws, I'm looking at another bar for one of my PM's and was wondering if I'm reading this correctly. This is right off customchainsawparts auction:

"THIS BAR IS 12 inch .050 1/4 ROLLER NOSE NOSE FITS 6.4MM STUDS"

To me this is a PM6, 12" bar, .050 gauge 1/4 pitch. I just wanted to verify the 1/4 pitch, as I've never heard of a 1/4 roller nose, but hey, I hate assuming and becoming an ass. Would i be correct? Oregon bar # 23147.

Sorry, now i have to vent a bit......

I asked/sent a ebay question, him, "Am I correct to assume this is a .050 gauge, 1/4" pitch chain, saw bar?" and received a somewhat snobby answer of:

"Here is what the listing says:
The mount is designed to fit MCCULLOCH Chain Saw Models
OREGON BAR 23147
THIS BAR IS 12 inch .050 1/4 ROLLER NOSE NOSE FITS 6.4MM STUDS Thank you for looking.
THE BOX # IS OUR LOCATION OF THE PART FOR OUR EMPLOYEES THAT PULL THE PART AND PACK. IT IS NOT A PART NUMBER."

What gives? The worst part is the price of the bars are nice, and i prefer using 1/4" chain with those saws (probably the only one in the world who does) and finding 1/4" pitch chain for a PM6 is tough.

think I'm reading this correctly?:confused:

And sorry for the vent

bob

Hey just wondering...... Anybody ever build a SP125 gear drive? Not quite sure what would be involved. Not too many AV gear drives out there, lol.

I'm Jealous!! And I didn't really need to hear that. Do you really need it? :msp_rolleyes:

I have on offer for $100 that I agreed to if the buyer ever bothers to come and get it. I found a NOS 300 Series wood cutter kit (saw box, bar & mix oil, tool kit, etc.) that I am willing to include for a few dollare more...

Mark

I am pretty sure that Chris (CBFarmall) put together an SP125 powered gear drive saw, probably covered somewhere deep in this thread.

Bob, I have a good supply of McCulloch branded 1/4" pitch chain, but I believe all of it has the bumper links. If you are interested in trying a loop or two PM and we'll see if we can work something out.

I have not seen (or at least don't recall seeing) any roller nose bars for the small McCulloch saws. Many people refer to sprocket nose bars as roller nose since they have a "roller" bearing in the end. It certainly can be confusing...

Mark

I am pretty sure that Chris (CBFarmall) put together an SP125 powered gear drive saw, probably covered somewhere deep in this thread.

Bob, I have a good supply of McCulloch branded 1/4" pitch chain, but I believe all of it has the bumper links. If you are interested in trying a loop or two PM and we'll see if we can work something out.

I have not seen (or at least don't recall seeing) any roller nose bars for the small McCulloch saws. Many people refer to sprocket nose bars as roller nose since they have a "roller" bearing in the end. It certainly can be confusing...

Mark

i have plenty of chain thanks. And your right I will sometimes call a sprocket tip a roller nose, even though I know better. It can be even more confusing to a person if a saw has a Windsor bar on it and I call it a Speed Tip. People will look at you like you have 3 heads.....

The bars i question are the non-replaceable sprocket tips. For the 12 bucks each, i just might buy a couple and hope the best.

I have on offer for $100 that I agreed to if the buyer ever bothers to come and get it. I found a NOS 300 Series wood cutter kit (saw box, bar & mix oil, tool kit, etc.) that I am willing to include for a few dollare more...

Mark

I could go $150-175ish for the PM6 and cutter kit. I have a huge soft spot for the PM6 and soon to be built area that would look nice with that saw there.

bob

:)
Should work on the PM6, I have them on a few mini's and they work great. They are similar engines but the PM6 is just ugly:D

Here I was thinking that you were a allright guy,then you call my PM6's Ugly. Those are fighting words partner.:msp_smile:

Back