McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my first Mac today

Got this saw with two other great saws today. Any idea which model it is? The numbers stamped on the bottom of the case are

380 C1080

The 380 and C1080 are separated by a casting gusset per attached pic.

Got this saw with two other great saws today. Any idea which model it is? The numbers stamped on the bottom of the case are

380 C1080

The 380 and C1080 are separated by a casting gusset per attached pic.

87cc of go forth and destroy.

Extra points for Rube Goldberg, WTF, Tillotson carb.

On that 380.What are the two screws sticking out of the air box on the exhaust side? Mine doesn't have those.

It's a mcculloch flatback but I can't explain the extra baggage. Auto oiler idle governor thingamajig

I have seen that device (in photos) at least once before but have never heard a reasonable explanation. I don't know if it is some sort of auxillary fuel pump, auto oiler, or something altogether different. Please let us know if you figure out what it is supposed to do.

Mark

Thanks for the info guys. I thought that was an odd looking addition in the airbox beside the carb . I'll have a look and see what I can find out.

Tim

On that 380.What are the two screws sticking out of the air box on the exhaust side? Mine doesn't have those.

Those two screws are holding that odd looking piece of equipment in the air box beside the carb. I am wondering since it's connection to the carb (at least the only one I see) is only a rod coming off the throttle shaft going into the cylindrical casting on that thingy. It could be something to regulate idle speed.

Anyone have an IPL for the 380 they could share with me? It would be most appreciated.

Those two screws are holding that odd looking piece of equipment in the air box beside the carb. I am wondering since it's connection to the carb (at least the only one I see) is only a rod coming off the throttle shaft going into the cylindrical casting on that thingy. It could be something to regulate idle speed.

Anyone have an IPL for the 380 they could share with me? It would be most appreciated.

PM sent on the IPL's for that saw. Doesn't show anything like the setup that you have though?

I agree, idle speed regulation would be a reasonable explanation for the device.

mcculloch question

Hello

I am new here.
One of my saws is a mcculloch with the following markings 21653 14B
Could this be a pro mac 10-10a
Thx:smile2:

Niel

Hello

I am new here.

Niel

Hi Niel -

Welcome to the site!

Those sound like numbers that may be off a bar. Turn the saw over and see if there are numbers stamped into the casting and let us know.

Cheers!

mcculloch question

I an allmost sure it's a 10-10
The numbers are on the casting on the bottom
The 21563 is markt on the casting and directly bellow the 14B on the cilinderhead.
And it's a early mac
i'am going to take a picture
Maybe the casting has been replaced

Last edited:
hey guys a friend of mine found a mac sp125 in a barn i think it will run ok he wants 450.00 for it i thought about getting it but i know nothing about this model.

Hello

I am new here.

Niel

Take the air filter cover off and there should be a small steel tag with a 60000 number like Mark mentioned. There will also be a 10- or 11- type number and a letter. that typically will tell you what model saw it is, providing the cylinder wasn't replaced......

bob

Take the air filter cover off and there should be a small steel tag with a 60000 number like Mark mentioned. There will also be a 10- or 11- type number and a letter. that typically will tell you what model saw it is, providing the cylinder wasn't replaced......

bob

No tag

The carburater is markt 1-71 SDC 18
On the inside of the air filter cover there is a 10 markt in a circle
5waiting for batteries to load so i can take pictures)

Gr. niel

1 more

View attachment 264577

seems to me to be a early pro mac 10-10a 1970/1971
but i want to be sure :msp_wink:

anyway it's a great chainsaw i have it for few years and it does it's work with the 50cm bar when i need it.

gr Niel

Latest posts

Back