McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm .... Not like any 10-10A I've ever seen. Probably/definitely/most likely a 10 Series saw, but I don't think a 10-10A. There is no interlock button and the AF cover is wrong. But like has been mentioned, we don't know if any parts swapping has occurred. True experts will be along ...

Hmm .... Not like any 10-10A I've ever seen. Probably/definitely/most likely a 10 Series saw, but I don't think a 10-10A. There is no interlock button and the AF cover is wrong. But like has been mentioned, we don't know if any parts swapping has occurred. True experts will be along ...

what do you mean interlock button
to lock the gashandle sure there is
( i am from belgium i do not understand every english word sorry for that)

what do you mean interlock button
to lock the gashandle sure there is
( i am from belgium i do not understand every english word sorry for that)

You're right, it is there.

That AF cover is more reminiscent of a Pro Mac 10-10A, but there's no chain brake.

It's OK, Niel ... some of us over here have problems with the language too!

Where's all the experts tonight?

it's a plan 10-10 1971/1972 i think

only those numbers don't match that is what intreeges me

:msp_unsure::msp_unsure:

Looking through the 10-10 IPL's that I have, the best match is a Super 10-10 or Super 10-10A dated 1971. The IPL shows the same type of fuel tank top with the two screws at the rear, same throttle lock, same muffler, same clutch cover (short, no brake), and SDC carburetor.

You will really enjoy running that saw but be sure to wear some protection for your ears as they are very loud.

Search around for posts by Belgian, you should try to make contact with him if you can. Roland has a very nice collection of saw including a number of old McCullochs.

Mark

Has anyone here had Batteries Plus make a pack for the E series saws?

My 5-10 did not come with a old pack for them to copy....for whatever reason they are concerned about not knowing if there are protective circuts etc.

I would prefer to not have to give them the saw to make the pack.

I do have the Battery Pack Manual from McCulloch, but apparently that does not contain the information they are looking for.

So, if anyone has a reciept (or similar) of what was used to re-create the pack that would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Andy

Last edited:
Has anyone here had Batteries Plus make a pack for the E series saws?

My 5-10 did not come with a old pack for them to copy....for whatever reason they are concerned about not knowing if there are protective circuts etc.

I would prefer to not have to give them the saw to make the pack.

I do have the Battery Pack Manual from McCulloch, but apparenty that does not contain the information they are looking for.

So, if anyone has a reciept (or similar) of what was used to re-create the pack that would be very helpful!

Thanks!

Andy

I removed the battery box from the saw and took that to them. No protected circuits in it. They used sub-C's to make a 12volt pack.

Looking through the 10-10 IPL's that I have, the best match is a Super 10-10 or Super 10-10A dated 1971. The IPL shows the same type of fuel tank top with the two screws at the rear, same throttle lock, same muffler, same clutch cover (short, no brake), and SDC carburetor.

You will really enjoy running that saw but be sure to wear some protection for your ears as they are very loud.

Search around for posts by Belgian, you should try to make contact with him if you can. Roland has a very nice collection of saw including a number of old McCullochs.

Mark

Thx

I was not sure of the super 1010a but now i am.
Indeed it is very loud and powerfull on the trotle for its 54cc old engine.(even when i compaire it with the modern saws)
Fun saw i have been anyoing it for a few years now
thx for al the helpof everyone

Gr. Niel:cheers:

I also had a local Batteries Plus make a set for my 3-10E, nothing more than 5 sets of two cells each in a sleeve, I connected them together in the saw myself by soldering leads to the batteries. I am glad I did it and for a couple of years they held a charge and would start the saw when they were charged up, but they are now failing and I can only get it to start when it is connected to a car/truck battery with a set of "jumper cables" I rigged up.

My store charge me nearly $80 for the set so I won't be doing that again. I understand other stores will put them together for a lot less.

Mark

A MM30 finally got the best of me. Had the thing apart 5x to do carb work. Saw kept flooding out. Change to another rebuilt carb and not enough gas. Go to a 3rd carb and its flooding out again. Flipped it in the parts bin.....NEXT!:clap:

P.S....spark was hot as a bastard, shocked the crap outta me and compression is good. dont even tell me how to fix it because the only way its coming apart again is for parts on another saw!

I hear ya. My mm120 has been a good runner never had break the egg on that one. Now my mm110 has the tipical problems. I recently pulled it off the shelf to run it a bit and all the bar oil seeped into the crankcase. I didn't check first and went to pull it over and it made one revolution and stopped hard. I think I bent the con rod. Oops. I will get to break the egg again.

I hear ya. My mm120 has been a good runner never had break the egg on that one. Now my mm110 has the tipical problems. I recently pulled it off the shelf to run it a bit and all the bar oil seeped into the crankcase. I didn't check first and went to pull it over and it made one revolution and stopped hard. I think I bent the con rod. Oops. I will get to break the egg again.

I got a bunch of long blocks if you need one:D

Latest posts

Back