McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know a clean way like the others must. But to post your picture I right clicked on your image and selected open in another tab. I then copied the address. Hit reply in the original window (if I hadn't already). Hit insert pictures. Hit URL. Paste the copied address. Unclick the little check mark. Hit insert. Preview post to make sure it worked. To do your own originally, just do what you have been doing. Before submitting, preview your post. Right click on image. Open in new tab. Copy address. Go back to your post. Hit insert image. etc. There has got to be a better way but I don't know it. Ron

Thanks!
I`ll try it
E.

That saw could be a super pro 40, pro Mac 510, PM515, PM155, PM165

I can't read the label well enough to see it.

Label says MINI PRO 25
I dont have this saw,it is listed here in ebay.

E.

That's cool, never heard of that model before. However, I'm sure it's the same as all those other models.

Looks like a rear handle version of a MM110/120/130 saw. Never seen one of those either. I have seen the goofy looking rear handle versions of the PM310/320 saws (think they're PM340's).

I think you are just reading it wrong. The brochure is just saying that the three have the same ratings. Checkout a pickup truck sales brochure, they do it the same way. :msp_smile: Ron

Maybe you're right. The odd thing is that I don't believe I have an English brochure that list more than one 5 cube model on it at a time. They only list one model on the sheet, be it is a PM800 or PM805, etc.

Could someone translate the 5.0 cube saw area of the brochure for me, and please tell what Sicherhxxxxx(sorry I'm not going to try and re-write the 20+ letter word) translates to :msp_confused:. I don't believe I've ever seen a word that long before, when used in an ad for a chainsaw (and I'm not saying it in an evil or mean way). That is just one long word no matter what language it's spelled in.

And welcome to 2013.

bob

Maybe you're right. The odd thing is that I don't believe I have an English brochure that list more than one 5 cube model on it at a time. They only list one model on the sheet, be it is a PM800 or PM805, etc.

Could someone translate the 5.0 cube saw area of the brochure for me, and please tell what Sicherhxxxxx(sorry I'm not going to try and re-write the 20+ letter word) translates to :msp_confused:. I don't believe I've ever seen a word that long before, when used in an ad for a chainsaw (and I'm not saying it in an evil or mean way). That is just one long word no matter what language it's spelled in.

And welcome to 2013.

bob
You can type it into an online translator and get a somewhat clumsy interpretation. I'm not about to type all that in, but the word you referred to means "safety devices". I don't speak German but I know that often their nouns will combine together. What looks like a horrifically long word is really just a compound word without hyphens or spaces.
Jim

Bing Translator

I spent some time tearing down the 73A from Australia the past few days and found a few more broken bits.

If anyone out there has an IPL for the 73A I would certainly appreciate a copy, I will post the same request over in the Australia Dribble thread.

If anyone has a 73A or 77 for parts I could use help on this one.

Thanks,

Mark

That one appears to have the removeable starter, certainly makes getting the engine out of the case and back in again an easier operation.

Have fun with your MM saw, and take care of the little finger on your right hand, you will discover after some use that you use you little finger to pry against the top of the case for leverage and that the case gets hot after a while...

Mark

That one appears to have the removeable starter, certainly makes getting the engine out of the case and back in again an easier operation.

Have fun with your MM saw, and take care of the little finger on your right hand, you will discover after some use that you use you little finger to pry against the top of the case for leverage and that the case gets hot after a while...

Mark

Thanks!
yes this has the removable starter.also it has this big heavy duty muffler not this tincan type.This muffler is half as loud like the other and i think it lasts longer then the saw.
Had to modify brake cover because the original wasnt there.
E.

pm155/165

That saw could be a super pro 40, pro Mac 510, PM515, PM155, PM165

I can't read the label well enough to see it.

Found on mcbobs CD the pm155/165 IPL This shows that this handle system exists
(mini pro 25)
E.

Last edited:
Gents,

Does the 101B always have a recess for the exhaust gasket?

On Mcbobs site it appears as though it's a given.

However, on a few of the 101B builds on this site there doesn't appear to be that recess.

Looking at a block, trying to ID: has finger ports and a machined rod clearance...no decomp...copper ring headgasket...5 fins above ex outlet...no markings on block to identify.

Could it be a "A"? If so, is that less desireable than a "B"? Why?

Thanks!

Andy

Found on mcbobs CD the pm155/165 IPL This shows that this handle system exists
(mini pro 25)
E.

I got a signed edition

macdisc.jpg

Gents,

Does the 101B always have a recess for the exhaust gasket?

On Mcbobs site it appears as though it's a given.

However, on a few of the 101B builds on this site there doesn't appear to be that recess.

Looking at a block, trying to ID: has finger ports and a machined rod clearance...no decomp...copper ring headgasket...5 fins above ex outlet...no markings on block to identify.

Could it be a "A"? If so, is that less desireable than a "B"? Why?

Thanks!

Andy

The "b" blocks I have seen all have the recess. Others, I'm not sure despite what his site says (BTW, 797 blocks have the recess, too). As far as desireability goes, they're all good, porting is the same. The late "m" engines, when complete, seem to fetch a high price.

The "b" blocks I have seen all have the recess. Others, I'm not sure despite what his site says (BTW, 797 blocks have the recess, too). As far as desireability goes, they're all good, porting is the same. The late "m" engines, when complete, seem to fetch a high price.

I have an original 101 with removeable boost port cover and bridged exhaust port, a 101A, An AA and what I thought was a B but turns out it is an MC and they all have the recess.

I have an original 101 with removeable boost port cover and bridged exhaust port, a 101A, An AA and what I thought was a B but turns out it is an MC and they all have the recess.

I know I've seen at least 1 "B" without one this site (reputable member). I thought the "A" wasn't recessed...did they just say f-it at some stage in production?

Very hard to know what's going on with these blocks, some recessed that aren't supposed to be, others supposed to be that aren't.

I guess either way it's a hot rod block if it's a kart block right?

Thanks to all for the replies!

Andy

Back