McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks HEIMANNM i didn't see to much on google as far as purchasing a coil but do you no anythin about ordering from "KRAMP" or as far as i can see can you order from them

hey' HEIMANNM after a little more research on the titan coil issue i think i'm gonna go with JOEYMT33 choice of REDNECK engineering that fits my standards a wee bit better not to mention i have a few 10/10 parts laying around i just wanna thank you for the respond because i would've never found that thread thanks again...

Joey is a good man and will only point you in the right direction.

Good for you to keep trying and find a way to use what you have!

Mark

So, are you saying that I'll "only" point someone in the right direction and that's as far as I'm willing to go?

Be careful, I've pointed many in the wrong direction.

Hey Mark, are we still good for me to come up in a couple weeks?

I'll be bearing gifts this time. Nothing big, just a thanks for you giving me that saw case last time.

id please.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Fraser, You gots yo self another 797, And with
it being an all yella version it's a Suppa 797.
What carby that bad boy gots. If it's an HL it
will be an early Suppa. SDC is a late suppa.

Lee

Bob - I have a 33, Super 33, 35, 35A, 35 Bow, 35A "dynamite drill" with auger bit, 35 with ice auger, and a 35 brush cutter as well as one rough old LeSabre.

Now i just have to have a 35 powered angle grinder. Set on aside for me and I'll pick it up next time I am down under.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

This may be a stupid question, and if so I can only ask for patience and information.

I have an opportunity to trade for some old Macs. I know there is a 2-10, a 10-10, a 6-10, a 200, a 250, and others in the pile. I know almost nothing about the older Macs. Assuming they have compression and spark are these worth anything to the discerning Mac collector or are they paperweights? I know they are complete. There are a number of parts saws as well.

To answer the question before you ask it, NO! I will not tell you where they are before I get my hands on them.

Any help / advice is appreciated.

dd

This may be a stupid question, and if so I can only ask for patience and information.

I have an opportunity to trade for some old Macs. I know there is a 2-10, a 10-10, a 6-10, a 200, a 250, and others in the pile. I know almost nothing about the older Macs. Assuming they have compression and spark are these worth anything to the discerning Mac collector or are they paperweights? I know they are complete. There are a number of parts saws as well.

To answer the question before you ask it, NO! I will not tell you where they are before I get my hands on them.

Any help / advice is appreciated.

dd

Any one of those might fetch $5 or $50 depending on the condition and the desire on the part of the buyer. None are particularly special in their own way, the most interesting might be the 6-10 as it is a 70 cc version of the 10 Series saws and would be a saw you could really run all day if you wanted to.

Parts??? Now you have my attention.

Mark

Any one of those might fetch $5 or $50 depending on the condition and the desire on the part of the buyer. None are particularly special in their own way, the most interesting might be the 6-10 as it is a 70 cc version of the 10 Series saws and would be a saw you could really run all day if you wanted to.

Parts??? Now you have my attention.

Mark

I won't know for sure until I lay hands on them this weekend. A gentleman is wanting to get out of the collecting business and into just cutting firewood. We have a deal in the works and although nothing is solid, it's looks promising. He also mentioned a model 15, but I've never heard of that one. Lots of parts saws.

Thanks for the response!

Marc

I won't know for sure until I lay hands on them this weekend. A gentleman is wanting to get out of the collecting business and into just cutting firewood. We have a deal in the works and although nothing is solid, it's looks promising. He also mentioned a model 15, but I've never heard of that one. Lots of parts saws.

Thanks for the response!

Marc

The Model 15 was an early attempt by McCulloch to get into the consumer saw business. Basically a 1-43 type power head in a very simple frame with a top mounted fuel and oil tank and rigid construction.

As Randymac has noted, this type of saw can make your blood foam.

The Mac 15 comes up on e-bay all the time, not a particularly desireable saw except for the collector value.

Mark

...only point you in the right direction...

We have a few on here that with or without malice of forethought will do the opposite.

Mark

Hopefully I'm considered part of the "without malice" crowd:hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Anyone here watch or heard of COZI-tv? It's an NBC channel that plays older TV shows, Thursdays nights are Magnum PI and Wednesday nights are the Six Million Dollar Man (Bionic Man). Well, because I don't have a life, I watched the Six Million Dollar Man last night, which had Lee Majors playing a lumberjack who used a PM55 to top a tree, and he stopped a moving chain and bent the bar on a PM6. Funny thing with the PM55, the "lumber company" on the show used a wing nut instead of a bar nut. They also used quite a bit of footage from Sometimes a Great Notion including a couple tree droppings, the ariel view of the Suburban driving on the logging road and the runaway log rolling down the hillside.

bob

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back