McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My D44 was shipped out yesterday. I need an ipl or something because I know it's more than likely going to need some work. Most of the things like carb rebuilding and things like that I can do that no issue but if I run into a missing part as having never worked on this saw I need to know whats missing.

I thought I recognized the seller's I.D. from the tag on the package, I have ordered a couple of sets myself...

Ron, I will be out of the country until 21 Feb so you have plenty of time to get that 8200 together.

Notice that this particular PM800 has the half wrap handle right now.

View attachment 331285

Mark

Lots of fish to fry. Maybe I can work something out with our ten series super builder. Ron

Interesting acquisition from e-bay

View attachment 330853

...You've got power by the hour in your hand...

...You're in luck when you've got a McCulloch chainsaw...

I will try to get it transcribed so you can all enjoy the lyrics even if you can't hear the tune.

Mark

I saw that for sale but I got this one from the same seller a week before.
I am going to try and record these then post them.

McCulloch.

Why is it that folks can't measure?

Have you ever noticed that folks who want you to cut their trees always seem to grossly overstate or understate the size of their tree? Seems like all trees around here, little or big are said to be about two feet in diameter. Sometime I can't help but think it is intentional to get you to commit sight unseen. Anyway, today I was using my MS362 to cut up some of the smaller dead trees I fell last Saturday with one of my PM800. I was trying to be productive while I waited for one of my cutting buddies to come cut while I skidded some more to the road. He was sent to buck a two footer. He thought it would take him about 30 minutes or so with his ported MS460. About hour and half in, I get a call from him that he needed help and please bring one of my big saws. I guess if you start at 60 feet up you could call it a two footer. Where is Joey when you need him??? Nice little workout for the SP125. It will chatter your teeth out with the 4 right cutters in row chain I made but it did straighten out my usual tendency to drift in the cut. Got the tree bucked and the impaled limbs pulled out of the ground and then I was off to gather a truck load of firewood for my M-I-L. :chop:Ron

IMG_3611.JPG IMG_3612.JPG IMG_3614.JPG IMG_3615.JPG

I like it! Out here you have the opposite. Big bars on little saw and nothing you can't cut in asingle pass with a 20" bar. One day iI will get a 123cc Mac but i'm holding out for a super 797. ( as we all are?)

Does oregon not pay attention to manufacturing quality 3rd oregon clutch drum that was a hair off from fitting. I'll get it worked out like I always do. Sent joey pics of my issue.

I got one for a 10-10 it was just a hair off alil sandpaper fixed it the other I bought as a backup it was way off you could see what I assume was the line the machinist was supposed to use for bore size. It just must be my luck.

Well they produce thousands of sprockets a year. Some poor ones slip by now and then. What are the chances you got both the bad ones off that run?!

If anyone out there knows how to reach Randy Mac, please let him know AS is back up and running and that we miss his real world experiences in this thread.

Same goes for Leeha. I'd give him a call but my phone doesn't work from Japan.

If there are other regulars I've missed, please add them to the list and let's see what we can do about getting this thread back to business.

Feeble old Mac 10 having a go...

DSCN0029.JPG

Mark

I could kick myself in the butt knew better than to leave gas in saw for more than a day. Had the 1-46 running good try to start it today took forever and ran like crap. Only thing to do know is dump the crap flush it and hope when I put non eth gas which I finally found a place to get it will straighten out.

Mark I hope Japan is treating you well. Beautiful country from all I hear. You need one of those dual sim world phones.

If anyone out there knows how to reach Randy Mac, please let him know AS is back up and running and that we miss his real world experiences in this thread.

Same goes for Leeha. I'd give him a call but my phone doesn't work from Japan.

If there are other regulars I've missed, please add them to the list and let's see what we can do about getting this thread back to business.

Feeble old Mac 10 having a go...

View attachment 332045

Mark

Just for the record, the Heimannm factor is also missed on the other side o' the fence. The general forum theme may not be your cup o' tea and the history not nearly as rich yet, but the Mac guys are still the Mac guys. And as one of THE Mac guys, your absence is rather conspicuous.

Be nice to know you're keeping all of us honest on both sides o' the fence. Some just prefer the other side these days for any number of reasons. Many interact on both.

Back