McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello
Dont remember whatfor the two downward claws of some bucking Spikes.have one of thouse on my 3-25.Am I right thinking it is for Fixing the saw vertically on the tree while wedging etc.?

Thought I would share my 101A McCULLOCH cart saw , this saw was bought from a man that had a few racing saws , he would never sell any of them to me , but one day I stopped in another small engine shop near where his shop used to be and asked about him , the owner told me he had passed away so I contacted his wife and she was willing to let me come over and check it out (I have been after him for this saw for years) got it from her for $200.00 , wow I was excited to maybe bring the saw to life !
well did some painting and worked on getting spark and installed new handle bars , redid the mount for the pipe and rebuilt the carb , the saw had been set up for methanol
so when I got down to trying to start it , it ran lean one to many times and I blew it up , boy was I pissed , think the wrist pin bearing went so I am at 0 again , hope to find another cyl or bore it and put it back together ! Would be nice to show her again it running !!!image.jpeg image (2).jpeg

Here another couple of my prized saws , the 895 is nos , it is a little rough but never started , and a old 73 that was donated to me from my friend who bought a forestry truck at an auction and she was in the bin on the side of the truck !!!
View attachment 371225
Thats amazing to find an 895 never been started. The 73 is sweet too. Those are among my favorite saws. Lucky you...

I just got a nice running 550 and now looking for a S550 , I will post a pic of the 550 later , the saw has the flat carb and the primer still works halfway

Hi guys, long time since I have been on AS. Starting to build me woodpile and was thinking about the MAC 10-10. I would love to find one of the metal clips that puts pressure on the oil pump so it doesn't leak causing it to hydro lock so I can use the saw. I know Heimann put details on the dimensions on this thread but if anyone is willing to part with one please let me know :).

Gary, now where's the saw for those bars?

These came out of an indoor flea market south of me. I have never seen such a mess in my life, I found these under a bench of clothing. There were a couple of Mac Super 250's there but I had no interest. If a Mac collector wants the bars I will pass them on.

Back