McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if one of you might help me.

My dad dropped off some projects for me because he couldn't get them to run.

I have a Mac 3818 that I believe needs an oil line and an eager beaver 2.0 that probably needs all of the oil/gas lines replaced.

I have never replaced an oil or gas line so any recommendations as two what fuel line to purchase and any idea on what size?

Any help and tips would be appreciated.
Thanks.

The second saw my friend dropped was an ugly titan 560. I finally found some info in the IPL.:
http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/McCulloch-Parts-Service-Repair-Manuals/Gas_Powered_Chain_Saws/
#11-600166 05/94 to 05/96 IPL 211531
They apparently could be either 54 or 60cc and NOT the 70cc that I originally thought. There does not appear to be many spares around. The biggie for this saw is a dead EI #240483, along with a few broken rubber AV mounts.
3/8 chain... OEM rim sprocket and oiler only runs when the clutch drum is turning. Interesting that the IPL shows a 24" bar as an option.The carb visually looked like a tillotson to me, but it is a walbro WJ45.
12798-1451831383-fb105536870934fb79cf78318de38290.jpg

Took ages for us to finish. Lots of distractions. Too cold for the shop today, so that 250 got done on the coffee table. The lovely Tonya did the work.
View attachment 478276
View attachment 478277

Thanks to Mark for thinking of me. I appreciate what you did.

Wow! Nice saw and a pretty girl willing to fix it in the house on the coffee table!!

Macman - I think I have a couple of Super 250 project saws if that would be of interest. I am out of the country until 25 January but you can check back with me then if you are still looking.

I think there are a couple of 660 projects in the attic as well, some suggest these are the Super 250 with a compact gearbox. They certainly had the same AF cover...

Mark

Literature and documents state a number of saws including the Titans were "built in a McCulloch factor in Italy".

I have a couple of Titan 57's and a Titan 50/Double Eagle 50. They are nice little saws but the 57 is way, way behind my 036 Stihl in performance, more than a few cc's would explain.

Mark

Boa Noite

A quick scan of the titan IPL's (if the pix are to be believed ) for the 50-57 and 70 show them to have a seperate under slung AVhandle/gas tank like husky 55 rancher, 262 and 272Xp (that I am familiar with). The later Titan 560 and 620 have the gas tank attached to the power head and only the handle bar is AV mounted thru rubbers. Other than this observation I don't really know much about them.....and who knows may never get to run this one if the replacement ignition does not come cheap enough. I have more than enough saws (32 in all 26cc to 113CC).:chainsaw:

A quick scan of the titan IPL's (if the pix are to be believed ) for the 50-57 and 70 show them to have a seperate under slung AVhandle/gas tank like husky 55 rancher, 262 and 272Xp (that I am familiar with). The later Titan 560 and 620 have the gas tank attached to the power head and only the handle bar is AV mounted thru rubbers. Other than this observation I don't really know much about them.....and who knows may never get to run this one if the replacement ignition does not come cheap enough. I have more than enough saws (32 in all 26cc to 113CC).:chainsaw:

It may take me a while to find it but somewhere on AS I did a quick write up about modding a PM610 coil to fit the 620.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

I think what I was trying to find out was, Are the McCulloch Titan saws all homeowner saws or are any of them "pro saws".
I have a FR4618, which is a nice little saw, but I don't think it comes close to a pro saw. It's a nice sized homeowner or
firewood saw.

By the way, Thanks for the Italian connection, that put me onto a bunch of information about the Titans.

ODW

should lbe a sdc-10 kit. They are pretty easy to put the kit in. May want to replace the pulse line as well.

Back