McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool saw, definitely one that you don't see very often. Looks just like a PM 850. Does it have the same front anti-vibe mount on the handle? So in the 57cc saw lineage, it would follow the PM 55, PM 555, and precede the 10-10S. It'd be interesting to know if there's any piston and cylinder differences.

Eric

The PM55, PM555, and 10-10S all share the same piston and cylinder.

The cylinder on the PM570 is different since it has the "remote" impulse line. It should be easy enough to modify either cylinder to make it work; for the hard mount you have to add the impulse fitting to work with the anti-vibe tank or for the anti-vibe model just plug the impulse fitting. The anti-vibe cylinders with the impulse fitting already have the impulse port in the intake.

DSC01952.JPG

DSC05835.JPG

Mark

It looks like they machined the intake port to adapt to the rubber boot, as well. That saw looks clean, how does it run? I love the PM 850 and 10-10S, so this thing should be bad ass. It was probably a victim of price vs. performance.
Eric

My PM570 is really, really tired so it runs, but the performance is rather sad.

I do have a PM55 with a new cylinder and piston and it is quite impressive. After using it the first time I went back and put a clutch cover with a brake on it, fortunately the cut to my left thumb from the kick back was very minor, the gloves tool most of the abuse...

Mark

Jerry - your best bet is to go to e-bay and buy one of these.

DSC02966.JPG

$12 plus shipping from customchainsawparts.

The OEM spikes that fits the 10 Series with the short clutch cover has an offset bend, put the spike closer to the bar but make adjusting the chain tension very difficult.

DSC02969.JPG

DSC02971.JPG

Mark

Those offset bend spikes are terrible. I designed the attached dawg, had a couple cut here at work, and I'm happy with them. I could email you a .dxf file if you have somewhere to get it cut. I made mine out of 10ga stainless, took a little work to clean up the cut edges but looks good. I'll have to take a pic sometime.

Attachments

• Dawg.pdf
    7.1 KB · Views: 12
Whoever it is calling from Texas about McCulloch saws, I can't make out your messages other than a 210 area code.

Not sure what you need, but I don't know anything about McCulloch. I just have my equipment at a shop that used to be a dealer a long time ago.

Those offset bend spikes are terrible. I designed the attached dawg, had a couple cut here at work, and I'm happy with them. I could email you a .dxf file if you have somewhere to get it cut. I made mine out of 10ga stainless, took a little work to clean up the cut edges but looks good. I'll have to take a pic sometime.
Pm sent

I picked up a Pro Mac 55 the other day and decided to make a runner out of it. I got it started but can't get it to idle down, it just seems to idle faster and faster. I took the carb off and cleaned it and put a new gasket under it and that didn't help. I guess the next thing to check is the crank seals? Was wondering which side is more prone to leak.
This saw has a SDC carb on it but has only one adjustment screw. Would it be worthwhile to change it to a different carb?

I picked up a Pro Mac 55 the other day and decided to make a runner out of it. I got it started but can't get it to idle down, it just seems to idle faster and faster. I took the carb off and cleaned it and put a new gasket under it and that didn't help. I guess the next thing to check is the crank seals? Was wondering which side is more prone to leak.

I think you are exactly right with the idea of checking the crank seals. If I was going to check one first, I would look at the clutch side.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

dsc02966-jpg.486956

And your clutch cover isn't even broken by the chain tensioner. Someone actually knew how to put one of those back on their saw.

Latest posts

Back