McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is McCulloch's other outdoor equipment quality wise? Been looking for a hedge trimmer, cause i can't really buy anymore chainsaws right now or my wife would kill me. Found a used echo that's in good working order and then I found an old McCulloch and kinda was intrigued cause it would be unique around here. Thought about getting it if they are decent products. I know the echo will be a good one.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I guess best bet is to ask here. I have a sp70. Questions what carb came on them I need to order a kit also what size fuel line do I need. It has a 16in mcculloch bar and chain on it what kinda chain should I order, would rather run a bigger bar but not sure what size fits best will 20 work or can I do a 24. What can I do for the oiler to make sure it works first time working on this saw

I guess best bet is to ask here. I have a sp70. Questions what carb came on them I need to order a kit also what size fuel line do I need. It has a 16in mcculloch bar and chain on it what kinda chain should I order, would rather run a bigger bar but not sure what size fits best will 20 work or can I do a 24. What can I do for the oiler to make sure it works first time working on this saw

24" bar is ideal for a SP70. I ran a 28" on my PM700 for many years.

Ron

I prefer 20 or 24 on the 70 cc saws. A nice SP70 is a great all around saw.

Carburetor is probably an SDC although there were also some Tillotson HS models used on the 10 Series saws. Should be easy enough to determine by looking yours over, it will either say Walbro/SDC or Tillotson. Search e-Bay for the fuel line and pay the few extra dollars to get a genuine McCulloch OEM part, yo won't be sorry.

This one has a NOS piston and cylinder and a new muffler, very deceptive...

DSC05857.JPG

Mark

I prefer 20 or 24 on the 70 cc saws. A nice SP70 is a great all around saw.

Carburetor is probably an SDC although there were also some Tillotson HS models used on the 10 Series saws. Should be easy enough to determine by looking yours over, it will either say Walbro/SDC or Tillotson. Search e-Bay for the fuel line and pay the few extra dollars to get a genuine McCulloch OEM part, yo won't be sorry.

This one has a NOS piston and cylinder and a new muffler, very deceptive...

View attachment 506778

Mark
That's a very nice saw sir. Maybe it's just because my school colors are yellow and black but I really dig how McCulloch's look

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Has a walbro is there just the line from the tank to the carb does that include the filter. Is there a tank vent I need to look for? I want to get a chain brake but not sure what all I need I see the band is there
4ec1b0640a097fc01a37a13612967373.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know what spark plug should be in there. Also anyone have a part number for points condenser would like to have one extra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried cross referencing the IPL part numbers for replacement points but no luck anyone actually put points in lately that has a number. All the fuel parts are on the way. Anything special I need to look for in a bar besides d176 mount going to grab a 24in bar as this will only be used if I have to

Thanks I have spark now just wanted to have a back up but if they last I will wait.

Certainly easy to get a lot of practice when working on the Mini Mac. The MM6 is finished (I hope), the MM1 will be next as the ones with the fixed starter are more difficult to work on. Saw King did manage to shake his out with the starter installed but on the models with the removable starter the task is much easier if you just remove those four screws and get the starter out of the way.

Mark

Back