McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clear coat is Plastikote Engine Enamel. it says its fuel resistant, but I find the trick is to let it dry for a long long time (like a month or two or just bake it) before using the saw. If you pour fuel on it when its fresh it comes right off like any other paint.
Thanks.

I often put painted pieces in my sauna while it is heating up. This really cures the paint fast.

Speaking of 10-10s I just came home with 2 of them and one of them has a black non chain brake clutch cover, It is left hand start. is this pretty common? its the first one I've come across.

And the other one has a short cover chain brake style, which I know is more popular, but my first one like it

I wanted to share the awesome gift my wife surprised me with. The mother of all fire pits! Each side has an image for a different interest of mine. She nailed the chainsaw side! She had heard me talk about the old goose logo and knew I liked it. Of course, the metal work guy didn't have a stock image to use, and couldn't use the photo she took in. So she searched the web and found a good image, then photoshopped out all the checkered background to create a black and white image the guy could use. I think I'll keep her!

WQuYQj8.jpg

And the other one has a short cover chain brake style, which I know is more popular, but my first one like it

I have one newer full cover one, a short cover chain brake one and a 10-10s. I assume the non chain brake one is kinda uncommon as it is an older model. It could just have a cp 55 cover or something. Check this one out, lol
8135c453de1d0b7f2e95cc74699c9fd3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one newer full cover one, a short cover chain brake one and a 10-10s. I assume the non chain brake one is kinda uncommon as it is an older model. It could just have a cp 55 cover or something. Check this one out, lol
8135c453de1d0b7f2e95cc74699c9fd3.jpg

I bet I have 7 or so different versions of the 10-10. Its crazy, I have one that is all yellow with the old style air filter, right hand start with a small square half wrap handle, I think they are neat

Someone has a nice cp70 for $99 but the shipping is $52. If it would have been free shipping, I probably would have bid.

Took out my 2-10 today.

With new crank seals it runs great.

The only problem is the fuel line shrunk in the cold and gas is leaking into the air box from the tank around the fuel line.

The fuel line assembly is brand new this fall. Any remedy for this?

Took out my 2-10 today.

With new crank seals it runs great.

The only problem is the fuel line shrunk in the cold and gas is leaking into the air box from the tank around the fuel line.

The fuel line assembly is brand new this fall. Any remedy for this?
Does yours take the molded line? did you buy an oregon one? I've noticed they don't fit as tight as they should so I've been cleaning the surfaces good and putting a small bead of yamabond where it seals and then pulling the lines through seems to be working fine

Does yours take the molded line? did you buy an oregon one? I've noticed they don't fit as tight as they should so I've been cleaning the surfaces good and putting a small bead of yamabond where it seals and then pulling the lines through seems to be working fine

Yes this is the one piece with the tapered part to pull through and fit snugly in the hole from the tank. I'll clean it up and try that!

I don't know what brand it was. Came off eBay.

The 10-10's.

I was afraid you guys might say that. I really like the PM610 though. As ugly and heavy as it is, it feels really good to handle. A 10-10 with comfortable handles and anti-vibe...

Paid $10 each for the 10-10 Auto and PM610 at auctions this fall. Both ran perfectly with fresh fuel.

The ProMac 10-10 is my "good" saw. Paid way too much for it and had to put a new bar and chain on it so it has to stay.

I might just have to find a place in my trailer for the PM610. Never know when you're going to need a chainsaw when flying model airplanes...

I was afraid you guys might say that. I really like the PM610 though. As ugly and heavy as it is, it feels really good to handle. A 10-10 with comfortable handles and anti-vibe...

Paid $10 each for the 10-10 Auto and PM610 at auctions this fall. Both ran perfectly with fresh fuel.

The ProMac 10-10 is my "good" saw. Paid way too much for it and had to put a new bar and chain on it so it has to stay.

I might just have to find a place in my trailer for the PM610. Never know when you're going to need a chainsaw when flying model airplanes...
Last I heard they aren't making real Mac saws any more. Better keep that one stashed, especially if you like it. ;)

Back