McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know the font, but I think Sugar Creek Supply has stencils for the design your looking for.
I saw that. I have a friend who does Cerakoting and can print out custom designs. Trying to figure out the font for him. I could ask Sugar Creek..? Ordering a stencil kit from them would take too long and really isn't needed.

Would anyone know the actual bore size for the 610? The 47mm piston I bought from Chainswr is 0.018” undersize for 47mm at 46.5mm
Grrrrrrrr

I've had bad luck on pistons from them. The one for the SP81 I bought was bad, rings didn't fit etc. I wound up just polishing out the scuffs on the original and re-using it.

Well I opened the carb and the diaphragm is hard as a rock. Guess I'm going to make one. Any tips or tricks that I need to know

Note the orientation the little tab that holds the fulcrum lever. When mine fell off the carb on my model 47, I glued it back on with marine grade epoxy. It's fuel resistant and will hold up, so far so good - that way you don't have to try and rivet it on. Your carb may be different but I think they are very similar.

They say you learn something new everyday, and boy is that the truth. For YEARS I wondered how Mini Macs functioned without a gas tank vent or vented cap, which there was no sign of. I always assumed maybe the cap just leaked enough to let in air.

Today, I learned they vent through a PINHOLE in the top of the tank. I almost didn't believe it until i examined one and sure as s--t.... that's a pin sitting in the tiny vent hole.

Attachments

• 20200506_165636.jpg
    20200506_165636.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 22
They say you learn something new everyday, and boy is that the truth. For YEARS I wondered how Mini Macs functioned without a gas tank vent or vented cap, which there was no sign of. I always assumed maybe the cap just leaked enough to let in air.

Today, I learned they vent through a PINHOLE in the top of the tank. I almost didn't believe it until i examined one and sure as s--t.... that's a pin sitting in the tiny vent hole.
Thats why the square felt pad around the base of the fuel spout.

Latest posts

Back