McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I decided to go with a 3/8 8 pin setup on the Super 250. I ordered the drum and sprocket tonight. I will report back with how it likes it.
Is anyone able to date this saw from these numbers? First front tank saw I've had with a tag like this.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
71dbc7e9ba6a96f6315cf8e422a230f1.jpg

Looks good. If you don't have the adjustment screw grommet for the air box, you'll definitely want to try tracking one down if you plan on using the saw much.
You have a good eye lol. It is already in the works.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Good evening group,
Can anyone tell me what the bar mount is for a few of my old Macs?
1-43, 250 and a Super 44A.

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Scored a free PM605 today off of Facebook marketplace! Spins freely and seems to have at least some compression. I already have a PM650 running a 24" bar with full chisel skip and a PM610 with a 20" bar. Assuming I can get this one to run I'm not sure what I'll do with it.

Super 10-10? ebay is like a box of chocolates...

Random purchase late one night, figured it's good for misc parts if nothing else. I check the tag and it's 600005 sn:14 which apparently is a Super 10-10? From what I can tell it's the same(ish) as the rest of the 54cc 10 series?

I believe the cylinder is wrecked, but I haven't cracked the cases to verify. Anyway, just wondering if there's anything special about this model? I'm still trying to discern if the tag is correct for this saw honestly. I've got IPLs for the 13 and 15, but not the 14, and the 13 and 15 are noticeably different that what I'm looking at.

I may just grab a parts piston/cyl if one comes up cheap and bolt'r back together...

Syncop8r - I am guessing your latch is worn and doesn't allow the roller to move ahead at the brake is applied. You may have to grind or file on the latch to allow the brake mechanism to operate more freely. The challenge it you have to take it all apart to address the latch, put it together to test it, and more likely than not, repeat.
Here's the latch - you may (or may not) be able to see the depression where I suspect the pin is getting stuck. I tried to file it smooth but my files just wouldn't bite, so I borrowed the latch off another saw. It works better now, but still not great. If it kicked back I reckon the chain brake would probably hurt my hand pretty bad before it engaged.
IMG_20200912_143224.jpg
IMG_20200912_143250.jpg

Super 10-10? ebay is like a box of chocolates...

Random purchase late one night, figured it's good for misc parts if nothing else. I check the tag and it's 600005 sn:14 which apparently is a Super 10-10? From what I can tell it's the same(ish) as the rest of the 54cc 10 series?

I believe the cylinder is wrecked, but I haven't cracked the cases to verify. Anyway, just wondering if there's anything special about this model? I'm still trying to discern if the tag is correct for this saw honestly. I've got IPLs for the 13 and 15, but not the 14, and the 13 and 15 are noticeably different that what I'm looking at.

I may just grab a parts piston/cyl if one comes up cheap and bolt'r back together...
I have a "Super" 10-10 & trust me,there's nothing suer about it.It was one of Mac's marketing stratgeties to sell more saws.It's just a plain old 10-10A.The only thing different about the "Super" 10-10 vs.the 10-10A is the color scheme.The "Super" is all yellow,the only black on the saw is the AF knob & the handleI got mine on Feebay too.The only thing I had to do was clean the points & adjust the carb.Nice running saw.

I have a "Super" 10-10 & trust me,there's nothing suer about it.It was one of Mac's marketing stratgeties to sell more saws.It's just a plain old 10-10A.The only thing different about the "Super" 10-10 vs.the 10-10A is the color scheme.The "Super" is all yellow,the only black on the saw is the AF knob & the handleI got mine on Feebay too.The only thing I had to do was clean the points & adjust the carb.Nice running saw.
I think the tank and air filter are different from the old dome type.

I think the tank and air filter are different from the old dome type.
The one I just got is missing the air cleaner lid, but looks to be this style. The IPLs I have (again, wrong sn) are showing RH start only - I assume that's not exclusive to the super 10-10? They also show the one piece tank/airbox top vs the two piece like the pic. Again, questioning whether it's legit or not...
1599960257490.png

View attachment 854722
This is not a super 10 10 A , but an actual 10-10 S that I didn't have an air lid for.
The 10-10S is LH start,the Super 10-10 is a RH start,also,your 10-10S has a black covering on the handle.I don't know if any of the Super 10-10s had any covering on their handles at all,the ones I've seen have only a bare metal handle.Vizette also stated that there was a tag in the air box identifying it as a Super 10-10,so I'd believe that's what it is.

Back