McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to get a very accurate measurement there. Looks like a fun project.

Speaking of projects, i got a near complete sp81 engine off ebay yesterday. Missing a muffler and rear vibration mount. Other than that itll be a rather complete engine including the starter. Missing a rear shroud and clutch cover. Like i need another sp81 saw. It will be fun to get it cleaned and ready for use.

Hello fellow collectors i am looking for a pull starter for my 5-49 McCulloch 2 man chainsaw thanks steve

Attachments

• 20211207_162115_Burst01.jpg
    20211207_162115_Burst01.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 3
Just got the honor to talk to a 93 yr former logger!!! He said he didn’t get to use “saws with motors” very long because they were just coming in when he was getting of the business!!!!! “Never did get to run one of them one man units but I did spend some time on a Mall, a twin cylinder Mercury and a Mac 99. The 99 was the most dependable but the twin was a tad faster if you could keep both sides goin at once!!”
I was picking up his rider to work on it. He still cuts his own grass!!
Bet you can guess what his bill will be.

Just got the honor to talk to a 93 yr former logger!!! He said he didn’t get to use “saws with motors” very long because they were just coming in when he was getting of the business!!!!! “Never did get to run one of them one man units but I did spend some time on a Mall, a twin cylinder Mercury and a Mac 99. The 99 was the most dependable but the twin was a tad faster if you could keep both sides goin at once!!”
I was picking up his rider to work on it. He still cuts his own grass!!
Bet you can guess what his bill will be.
Very well done sir. Id do the same.

Latest posts

Back