McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We did the same thing, but we were a residential company. After I sold Dad's saws and then started buying them, to replace the ones I sold, I was surprised so many I bought had dogs on them. Since ours never did, I thought they were an option, and Dad told old Calentonio to just keep them.
Most of the loggers I've known didn't like dogs for whatever reason.

I finally got a hold of Bob he is a really cool older fellow had the rings and the flywheel bearing for my 7-10A project. Thank you to all that helped

Mike Rudacille
What part number was the piston ring you used on the 7-10a? I need to replace one ring that is 1.2mm thick.

What part number was the piston ring you used on the 7-10a? I need to replace one ring that is 1.2mm thick.
Well it turned out he didn't have any thick rings. So I used a Lil Red Barn piston and rings. I also found a place in europe that you can order caber rings from I believe they are 1.2mm x 50mm.

North East Tennessee MAC Report

Beautiful day in North East Tennessee today, well at least for a few minutes between weather fronts. Temps in the high 30s. We had periods of light rain, sleet, hail and snow today but kept our noses to the grindstone. Brian and I may get nominated to be honorary USPS members.

One of the many great things about the Ten series is interchangeable parts. I forgot to fix my 700 so this morning I just grabbed a spare flywheel cover and replaced the whole assembly in the field. It was likely 15 years newer than my saw.

We scrounged some down red oaks and pulled out about 150 feet of stems.

Brian using his 800 to cut off a stump.
IMG_6883.JPG

This is when a DSP is handy. I would probably have fallen over if I had tried this method.
IMG_6885.JPG

Making 10' logs with his 800.
IMG_6886.JPG

Tried to capture a shot of one episode of the sleet. Didn't turn out too well.
IMG_6890.JPG

End of the day, only one truck was able to slog through to take a 5 1/2 log load. The other didn't make it. Will try again next Saturday.

Yes, Brian does all the hard work.

Be safe,
Ron

Beautiful day in North East Tennessee today, well at least for a few minutes between weather fronts. Temps in the high 30s. We had periods of light rain, sleet, hail and snow today but kept our noses to the grindstone. Brian and I may get nominated to be honorary USPS members.

One of the many great things about the Ten series is interchangeable parts. I forgot to fix my 700 so this morning I just grabbed a spare flywheel cover and replaced the whole assembly in the field. It was likely 15 years newer than my saw.

View attachment 980071

This is when a DSP is handy. I would probably have fallen over if I had tried this method.
View attachment 980072

View attachment 980073

View attachment 980074

End of the day, only one truck was able to slog through to take a 5 1/2 log load. The other didn't make it. Will try again next Saturday.

Be safe,
Ron

I always look forward to your reports Ron.

View attachment 980071

View attachment 980072

View attachment 980073

View attachment 980074

Be safe,
Ron
Brian don't do the hard work. Ron does more than I.
Here is a few pictures I took of today.
1649562403589.png
Ron cutting with my PM800
1649562565647.png
Picture of the snow/sleet.

1649562678452.png

1649562912577.png
The woodsman.
Brian

Forecast calls for rain this coming weekend so after church and my oldest grandchild's tenth birthday get together, I headed to the range to bring out what got left yesterday on the lower hilltop.

IMG_6902.JPG

I backed down the last stair-step as a busted tailgate pales to a busted head. All made it safely to the bottom, including a short log on the tractor.
IMG_6904.JPG

Almost all MAC cut. If I hadn't gotten my chains mixed up, all would have been MAC 800 & 700 wood.

Ron

Forecast calls for rain this coming weekend so after church and my oldest grandchild's tenth birthday get together, I headed to the range to bring out what got left yesterday on the lower hilltop.

View attachment 980311

I backed down the last stair-step as a busted tailgate pales to a busted head. All made it safely to the bottom, including a short log on the tractor.
View attachment 980312

Almost all MAC cut. If I hadn't gotten my chains mixed up, all would have been MAC 800 & 700 wood.

Ron
Much better weather today than yesterday.

Brian

Back