McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely the Canadian Super 250 is 80 cc, the one with the black top (with extra holes) is 87.

View attachment 981297

View attachment 981298

Mark
Those two are almost exactly like the ones I have the black top will pull a 32” bar aggressively, while the yellow top runs like the 1-42 and 1-52 I have and can run no more than a 24” bar. I have a plain 550 and the super 250 will almost out cut it.

Those two are almost exactly like the ones I have the black top will pull a 32” bar aggressively, while the yellow top runs like the 1-42 and 1-52 I have and can run no more than a 24” bar. I have a plain 550 and the super 250 will almost out cut it.
My old regular and super 550's needed 36" bar to show they had more torque than my super 250. The super 250 is a faster saw when the bar is under 36". It's like comparing a 046 to an 066.

There are many peculiar parts on the DE 80 saws. If you end up with a spare oiler rod I know someone that would be interested.

I have an ample supply of the choke rods and a few throttle rods should you find yourself needing one of those.

Mark
Thanks Mark
It will be a future project.
Lots going on here now besides chainsaws.
Clint

Cool, u got 2 tanks!
Yes, that's good Vinny.
I was looking for that rubber boot and I was surprised to find the second tank.
The tank on the right is busted around the manual oiler button. So maybe the other tank replaced it.
I haven't seen anything else to suggest two DE80's yet.

North East Tennessee MAC Report

Surprisingly, a beautiful day in North East Tennessee with early morning rains then sunshine before sprinkles in the afternoon today. Too wet to load wood so back to felling, one of the best slices of my times in the woods. Brian brought his 800 and 1010S - both sweet running saws. I brought my 800 that the trigger linkage had come off on its last outing. I put it back on this morning, but a couple of blips later it was off again. So I felled the first tree of the day and a stub with Brian's 800, then bucked them to log lengths with his 1010S while he worked on my 800. We met further up to hill and took on different patches - many just small trees that the range wanted cut. There was one fair size blown-over ash 40 degrees off the horizon. I proceeded to immediately get the 1010S stuck in a precarious position during the face cut. I tried to use my 800 to cut above it, but the throttle linkage wouldn't cooperate. While Brian fixed it, I stuck his 800 which provoke a discussion of what was our record for stuck saws in the same tree. Brian recalled it to be three. For awhile today it looked that we were going for a new record as the fully severed stem rolled on the stump sticking my 800. Fortunately, I was able to remove the 1010S before we cut the stem and Brian was able to save his 800 while the stem was being severed. We used the winch on Brian's side by side to complete the roll and free my 800. In all our fun today, I didn't take any pictures. Brian may have taken some of our run for the record, but I don't know for sure.

Today was just a fun day. The conditions limited what we could do so there weren't any of the usual demands of multiple tasks competing for your time.

Hope you all enjoy Easter.

Be safe,

Ron

Surprisingly, a beautiful day in North East Tennessee with early morning rains then sunshine before sprinkles in the afternoon today. Too wet to load wood so back to felling, one of the best slices of my times in the woods. Brian brought his 800 and 1010S - both sweet running saws. I brought my 800 that the trigger linkage had come off on its last outing. I put it back on this morning, but a couple of blips later it was off again. So I felled the first tree of the day and a stub with Brian's 800, then bucked them to log lengths with his 1010S while he worked on my 800. We met further up to hill and took on different patches - many just small trees that the range wanted cut. There was one fair size blown-over ash 40 degrees off the horizon. I proceeded to immediately get the 1010S stuck in a precarious position during the face cut. I tried to use my 800 to cut above it, but the throttle linkage wouldn't cooperate. While Brian fixed it, I stuck his 800 which provoke a discussion of what was our record for stuck saws in the same tree. Brian recalled it to be three. For awhile today it looked that we were going for a new record as the fully severed stem rolled on the stump sticking my 800. Fortunately, I was able to remove the 1010S before we cut the stem and Brian was able to save his 800 while the stem was being severed. We used the winch on Brian's side by side to complete the roll and free my 800. In all our fun today, I didn't take any pictures. Brian may have taken some of our run for the record, but I don't know for sure.

Today was just a fun day. The conditions limited what we could do so there weren't any of the usual demands of multiple tasks competing for your time.

Be safe,

Ron
A few pictures from todays actives.

1650163768432.png

1650163806934.png
Two of the three stuck saws

1650163890210.png

1650163947413.png
Ron felling tree with PM 800

1650163993645.png
PM 10-10S

1650164026219.png
A bed full of saws and equipment.

Brian

Be safe,

Ron
I am the king of hanging saws. I am cutting and my brain says careful you are gonna hang the saw about 3 seconds before I hang the saw lol. I always answer myself saying it will not hang this time the second before it does lol.

I am the king of hanging saws. I am cutting and my brain says careful you are gonna hang the saw about 3 seconds before I hang the saw lol. I always answer myself saying it will not hang this time the second before it does lol.
We’d be in a close contest for 1st place on that brother!!

Back