McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PM800 one of my favorites. Took on this red oak today.

IMG_7151.JPG

Looks can be deceiving - that cut was actually 1/2" longer than the bar.

IMG_7153.JPG

With a sharp chain, it just took a few minutes with the 800 to buck the stem into short log lengths. Several had to be shorten further as the ministry's tractor could not lift them high enough to load the trailer. We have had several hard rains lately and this tree must have drunk plenty as it was really heavy.

Brian arrived as we were loading but just in time to finish severing the stub trunk from the stump with his PM 800 after we managed to dull two chains on the final cuts - dirt and bricks took a toll on my 800's chain and on the ministry's 500i's chain.

Ron

I went to see Bob Johnson today to buy a lot of Homelite parts that we'd talked about before he had his heart attack.It took the better part of 2 months to get a driver lined up who could take me who had a truck..I know that's breaking Bob's heart to see it all go.Fifty yrs.of building it all up to see it all go in a matter of days.He's very frail looking,I almost didn't know him when I saw him.Two yrs.ago he had salt & pepper haiir yet at 80,today he was all white haired.He had to have Joan guide him from the house to the shop over a grassy area where he fell in Feb.She said she thought he might've had a mini stroke at that point.He didn't know who I was at first,then after Joan & I told him who I was he kinda started coming around.He still had his humor which was good.We said our good byes & Joan told me to keep in touch,I said I would.

Though Blind Squirrel Falling is technically on summer break, thus no North East Tennessee MAC Reports, Brian and I have been quite busy despite the rains and COVID. Much of our time has been absorbed getting the newest tool in our arsenal ready - it isn't entirely yellow but it does compliment our old MACs rather well. It is a few years younger than me and a few years older than Brian. Here's a sneak peak of our work in progress. Hopefully you will see more in the fall when Blind Squirrel gets cranking.

IMG_7119.JPGIMG_7121.JPGIMG_7122.JPGIMG_7123.JPGIMG_7125.JPG

Ron

Most small towns in the Midwest will have some sort of festival/celebration during the summer. This weekend is our "Watermelon Days" here in Dike. I try to be a good citizen and support local activities so I put together a float on the back of my truck. My granddaughter rode along to help throw candy and watch out for kids that might stray into our path as they are occupied picking up candy. One of the floats in front of us had a bubble machine that was more like a bubble bath on steroids.

299470547_10104666558611313_7403195714480872021_n.jpg

My display of course featured McCulloch saws primarily.

20220812_121634.jpg

20220812_121711.jpg

Right in front of my building were the belt sander races.

20220813_113440.jpg

My favorite...

20220813_113507.jpg

View attachment 20220813_124858.mp4

Mark

Most small towns in the Midwest will have some sort of festival/celebration during the summer. This weekend is our "Watermelon Days" here in Dike. I try to be a good citizen and support local activities so I put together a float on the back of my truck. My granddaughter rode along to help throw candy and watch out for kids that might stray into our path as they are occupied picking up candy. One of the floats in front of us had a bubble machine that was more like a bubble bath on steroids.

View attachment 1009928

My display of course featured McCulloch saws primarily.

View attachment 1009929

View attachment 1009930

Right in front of my building were the belt sander races.

View attachment 1009931

My favorite...

View attachment 1009932

View attachment 1009937

Mark

This is out the gate and absolutely love it

I knew out of the 4 550's I picked up 1 of them was a super and it turned out it was the only bad one. It ate something and chewed on it for awhile. i actually think the cylinder is salvageable. The cylinder walls look good.

Attachments

• KIMG1837.jpg
    KIMG1837.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 1
  • KIMG1838.jpg
    KIMG1838.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 1
Does anybody know if a Pro Mac 55 would have the same piston and cylinder as a Mac Super LG-2. I picked one up this weekend but it is only blowing 90 psi. of compression. If not does anybody know where I can find these parts? I would like to see this old girl run one of these days. I can't get on Mike Acre's site for some reason to check on the PM55 and S LG-2 bore size

Jason - I have 62883 standard bore piston assemblies available, or the 62884 +0.030 piston assemblies if it comes to that.

blackoak - Mike does not have the Super LG2 listed but it is the same bore/piston as the other early 10-10 models, 69212 piston and 62814 rings. I have some good used pistons and new 62812 (+0.030) rings available. You can file the ring ends to achieve the gap you want in the standard bore.

Mark

Back