McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to throw myself a softball, since I'm currently watching the rain come down.
The Super 2-10 A someone gave me had a leaky fuel tank and a broken muffler. I figured a simple tear down and inspection was in order.
20230830_180924.jpg20230830_180915.jpg20230830_180909.jpg20230830_180904.jpg
Looks to have the original or an oem replacement non-floating rim sprocket, with very little use. Piston and cylinder are in excellent condition.
20230830_180927.jpg

@ray benson do you happen to have a ipl or service manual for the Super 2-10 Automatic?
I'm not exactly sure how the decomp spring goes back in.
I don't feel bad now Ira.I had the same thing happen about 6-8 weeks ago on a 2-10 that I put new rings in.I ended up just looking at another saw.Waiting on getting carbs back & my thumb to heal more before I can do anything more.I tried to do a simple carb rebuild today,but one handed doesn't quite cut it,Lol.

I don't feel bad now Ira.I had the same thing happen about 6-8 weeks ago on a 2-10 that I put new rings in.I ended up just looking at another saw.Waiting on getting carbs back & my thumb to heal more before I can do anything more.I tried to do a simple carb rebuild today,but one handed doesn't quite cut it,Lol.
Ed , I've been a "One armed bandit " a couple of times due to various life circumstances. Its definitely a work around for even the simplest tasks, problems like that gave me a different perspective about what I'm in control of?

Been down the dumb thumb a few times also. We are sure lost without the use of it. Hope you heal fast.
Thanks Todd! I went to the doc today for a checkup & found out that he removed the arthritic bone & stretched a ligament to fill in the void.Also found out that I had a cast on it.I thought it was just a bandage over a splint.I'm now wearing a brace for the next 4 weeks & have light exercises to do to gain mobility back.It's a long road to recovery.

Thanks Todd! I went to the doc today for a checkup & found out that he removed the arthritic bone & stretched a ligament to fill in the void.Also found out that I had a cast on it.I thought it was just a bandage over a splint.I'm now wearing a brace for the next 4 weeks & have light exercises to do to gain mobility back.It's a long road to recovery.
Hang in there. Not being 100 percent is murder on guys like us but it will be over eventually!

Hi everyone, I'm working on my Mac m-15 and all the paint is gone from the tank and I need to know if it was a semi gloss black or a gloss black. Any help with this is appreciated.
The ones I've seen were less than semi-gloss but not flat black. Use either but top coat with satin polyurethane for fuel resistance.

Hi everyone, I'm working on my Mac m-15 and all the paint is gone from the tank and I need to know if it was a semi gloss black or a gloss black. Any help with this is appreciated.
Go back a few pages. Mark H. had some tips on the black paint.
One thing I want to point out is that most rattlecan will be damaged by gas. Not sure if that's what you had in mind but I'll throw it out there.

Hang in there. Not being 100 percent is murder on guys like us but it will be over eventually!

My encounter with the bench grinder was a wake up and think before you do it. Took about 10 weeks to get back to doing well. My thoughts are with you.

Hello all,
Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Quick question, did Mac ever make a right hand start 7-10?
Thanks, pig
Yes, it is a 6-10. Seriously though, early 7-10s had the DSP instead of the decomp button. No key way on the clutch side of the crank for a RH starter. I have seen an IPL for a left hand start 6-10. You could always put a 7-10 cylinder on a 6-10 crank.

I've got an E.B.2.3 (Wildcat) & it doesn't have a bar spacer.The IPL shows it having a spike (part # 236992),is it necessary,or is it optional?

Edit:Since making this post I found that the saw uses a 54 DL chain on a 16 in.bar.
Also,how many drive links on a 16 in.chain for it?

Back