McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum doc. That was a good story. Those little ones can hurt my hands taking them apart. Its not difficult but it can hurt. You will soon see your brood in the dozens with freebies when people know you like em.
Thanks Vinny - the MM6 that my dad had is an early version (72 or 73) that has the one-piece case - pulling the guts out the first couple of times was a royal pain in the butt! After 5 or 6 or 10 more times I can do it in my sleep.

Yes, the SP40, PM510, and PM515 all use a Tillotson HU or equivalent Zama carburetor which can be removed for service without dismantling the entire saw.

20200722_140721.jpg

The starter cover/flywheel housing comes off giving access to the flywheel side including the carburetor.

20230730_131311.jpg

The choke is actually part of the cover.

Mark

I've been working on some prototype carb kits for the 33B, Super 33, 35, 35A, and 39 saws.

Early testing has been successful...

Bryan Gray ran the test for me this last weekend and everything seems to work as it should.

I was able to use modern materials to replace 50's standard materials, and it looks like folks with the this series of saws will have a way to get them running again. I will be making a kit that includes the fuel pump diaphragm , a complete carb kit (Including carb diaphragm , diaphragm gasket, and fuel control layer) a lower fuel tank gasket for all but the Model 39, and a breaker box gasket. I'll continue to add gaskets by need if there are more that I can get my hands on. that are typically problematic and difficult to get.
Hoping to have this all together in the next week or two and in my store.

Bryan Gray did a complete video on the work he did and will be releasing it on his you-tube channel in in the next couple of weeks. I'm attaching a snippet he sent me of the first cold start of his Super 33 test mule with the new kit in it...

Special Thanks to Andrew Barlow for sending some carburetor parts to me work from, Max Rowe for sending an original intact fuel control layer to work from, Greg Hill for providing the original oem diaphragm to work from, and also Bryan Gray for doing the testing on a saw he had available.

Brian Genrich
I've been working on some prototype carb kits for the 33B, Super 33, 35, 35A, and 39 saws.

Early testing has been successful...

Bryan Gray ran the test for me this last weekend and everything seems to work as it should.

I was able to use modern materials to replace 50's standard materials, and it looks like folks with the this series of saws will have a way to get them running again. I will be making a kit that includes the fuel pump diaphragm , a complete carb kit (Including carb diaphragm , diaphragm gasket, and fuel control layer) a lower fuel tank gasket for all but the Model 39, and a breaker box gasket. I'll continue to add gaskets by need if there are more that I can get my hands on. that are typically problematic and difficult to get.
Hoping to have this all together in the next week or two and in my store.

Bryan Gray did a complete video on the work he did and will be releasing it on his you-tube channel in in the next couple of weeks. I'm attaching a snippet he sent me of the first cold start of his Super 33 test mule with the new kit in it...

Special Thanks to Andrew Barlow for sending some carburetor parts to me work from, Max Rowe for sending an original intact fuel control layer to work from, Greg Hill for providing the original oem diaphragm to work from, and also Bryan Gray for doing the testing on a saw he had available.

Brian Genrich
www.oldsawshop.com

I made a dozen kits for the Model 33B, Super 33, Model 39, MAC 35, and MAC 35A saws, and posted them in my store.

Kit includes Fuel Diaphragm, Carb Diaphragm and fuel control valving, Fuel Tank Gasket, and Breaker Box Gasket.

https://www.oldsawshop.com/McCulloc...5A-6-Piece-Fuel-System-Rebuild-Kit-p551384044
Bryan Gray's video on his rebuild experience is supposed to be released on 11-17-2023.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Thanks,

Brian Genrich
Old Saw Shop

I bought a Zama carb that supposedly came off an E.B.2.0.I thought the E.B.2.0 used an M1-M7,but this is a C1Q carb.I can't find any other numbers or letters on it anywhere.Was the C1Q in fact used on the E.B.2.0?I looked on the Zama site & there are literally hundreds of different C1Q models listed.According to Acres' site,the Zama carb used was a 91571.

Last weekend someone stopped by to pick up a repaired saw and left me this fine example of the Montgomery Wards branded PM610. This is not a low hour saw, it is a low minute saw. The paint isn't even worn off the top bar rails. Even so, McCulloch preparation and painting was not all it could be and the paint is coming off the clutch cover.

20231116_160302.jpg

20231116_160418.jpg

20231116_160431.jpg

20231116_160442.jpg

20231116_160448.jpg

Mark

Now I could post a pic that would be the complete opposite of the saw you have there Masrk.Mine is missing the I.D.tag on the fuel tank,has wallowed out holes for mounting the recoil in the oil tank,missing the ignition switch & wire to the ignition module,wallowed out holes in the air filter cover,no flocking left on the air filter at all,the chain brake was removed to make it just a clutch cover.Need I go on?Lol.All I could think of was someone that starred in the movie "Deliverance" who owned the saw.

Last weekend someone stopped by to pick up a repaired saw and left me this fine example of the Montgomery Wards branded PM610. This is not a low hour saw, it is a low minute saw. The paint isn't even worn off the top bar rails. Even so, McCulloch preparation and painting was not all it could be and the paint is coming off the clutch cover.

So would that be a Monkey McBrick?

Im working on two 10-10 A's I cant find an replacement number for bearing P/N 67905. Anyone know a good Number?

Dake - I started a conversation with you, check the letter looking icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

67905 is a rather odd bearing with 9/16" I.D. and 1-9/16" O.D.; I have a good supply of NOS bearings, contact me if you are interested in a bearing and 67906 seal.

Mark

mbellot - only an old timer (like me) will understand that reference...

And for the record, I have two of the MW PM610 saws in my display now, different model numbers and different brake arm styles...this one has a few more hours of run time.

View attachment 1128415

Powr Kraft - You just know it's got to be powerful and well built, right?

I actually have a 46" MW Powr Kraft lawn tractor sitting out by the shed. Gifted to me when my Craftsman (Kohler engine) suddenly died mid-mow with a cracked block.

Latest posts

Back