mcculloch d44 28" bar value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a whole lot, its not a high performance saw like the guys here like. if you're looking to sell, PM me I can refer you to a collectors site that would help you out.

btw, welcome.

mac 44

mad lawmaster is correct not much except from a collector i would guess $50-75 i toy with mac's in the fall winter and ebay up running Etc maybe a little more. I will move the bid to $15:buttkick:

I have 2 of them. They're quite beautiful, but I have tried, and failed many times to sell them to anyone who takes notice of them for $50 each. So, the fair price is probably somewhat less than that.

I usually sell antique saws that aren't of any special value to people I like for $35-50 :cheers:

d44

I find that an antique will sell if up and running (tractor car saw etc) not running/missing parts the value crashes:cry:

d44

well this tank runs all out wicked can't believe how much torque they have maybe i'll hang on to it to much saw for scrub brushers
:hmm3grin2orange:

Post Photos!!!

I have Yellow Fever (being a mac collector), might be interested if it is not trashed.

To sell an old mac: You need good photos. Plus you need to make up your mind and take a dose of courage and list an asking price. Then the negotations will begin. Value is determined by how bad someone wants the item and how much the owner wants to keep it.

By old mac standards, the D44 is a small saw.

Ancient One said:
By old mac standards, the D44 is a small saw.

I know, hard to believe by what we have for saws today but that's the real reason they aren't worth much.

d44

i'm keeping it around as a toy as everyone says they're not worth much like i don't have enough toys
maybe put the motor in one of them pocket rocket bikes and jump the curbs here in town with it
:blob2:
:blob2:
:blob2: :bang:

If you're going to put it in something, make it a hotsaw. its a bit cooler than a pocket rocket. these old macs only rev to 6 grand, maybe 7 if you pushed it a little.

Personally, I would say put it in the shop as a backup saw/storm cleanup machine. can never be too ready for disasters, and a mac is the way to be prepared RIGHT.

Back