McCulloch Flatback Carb Kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
may i suggest converting to an hl tillotson carb as i did on my 695 when all available remedies failed to get it running with the stock primered flatback.
i think i used an hl off one of the larger homelites. they have the metal, low profile intake which gives them the clearance of a 'flatback' .

Randy, the 660 is a front fuel tank saw. The 640 fuel tanks is like a 797 style. Either way you can convert to a Tilly carb, though I don't know the model number.

To me there really isn't anything special about rebuilding the
flat back versus any other carb. Just make sure the plates are
flat or they will leak. And the primers are long gone. If your
lucky it may still work.
If your not dead set on the flat back i would recommend changing
it to a Tillotson HL103, HL63, or HL19. They will go right in. Just
make new rods or rebend yours. The HL63 is a very common carb
used in many Mccullochs like the 250's.

Lee

So I tore off the carb and cleaned an absolutely catastrophic amount of debris out of the primer pump on the flatback, which took hours. But it still doesn't work. It seemed to pump strong in a bucket of fuel but doesn't spray into the carb. I cleaned the ball and the rubber ball seat too in the carb too.

Does it spray fuel directly Into the carb or just fill the bowl?

I felt that may be if I fuel can primed it and ran it, it would make me feel better but I bottle fed it and pulled on it about 20 times. I give up on it... back to my brother in law to beat his head against the wall on.

Latest posts

Back