McCulloch Mini Mac 30

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAWPAW

Reaction score
I am restoring this little jewel and am in need of a MDC-11carburator NOS. Any one have a link where a feller can get one? It's A McCulloch Mini Mac 30

I have a mini-mac. 25, not sure if it uses the same carb or not. I will also look in the 5- gallon buck full of carbs I just bought on an auction,---- havent had time yet to g thru it and see what all is in there.

I will try to remember and have a look in the attic. Not sure about NOS though...

Mark
Thank you Sir. A 40 year saw mechanic told me all the repair kits in the world probably won't fix it. Remember that carb is 40 to 50 years old it's wore out.

I've rebuilt a number of MDC carburetors including the check valve and would say that are around 2/3 successful. It seems the material used for the MDC's was not very good and they just plain have issues. Generally, if the exterior is it good shape the internals are acceptable provided you do a complete rebuild.

I did not get into the attic today but I will try to have a look in the next day or two.

FWIW, the Zama carburetors (M1-M7) seem to be much more dependable but would not have been OEM on the older saws.

Mark

Latest posts

Back