Power Mac 6

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwes

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am working on a Power Mac 6 that was given to me a long while back in a box of McCulloch stuff. It was the only complete saw in the box, everything else was incomplete or pretty busted up. I remember reading someone on here a while back saying the used an electronic coil out of a newer Mini Mac in a Power Mac 6, I was wondering if anyone knows the part number for that coil, or where I might find one? I have a couple of bigger Mac coils out of the other saws, one of them is a Wildcat, I don't know what the other is. The flywheel off of the bigger saws will fit and work fine, but the coils won't bolt up to the power mac, so I am hoping to find something that will work.

It is possible that the coil from an Eager Beaver 2.0 (Mini Mac) would fit, 217031, but I've never tried it myself. 227044 is another possibility.

I much prefer the points ignitions myself.

Mark

Thanks! I'll do some research on those, it give me somewhere to start.
I run quite a few points saws (and stationary engines, trucks, and tractors) and I don't have any qualms about using points. This one has a bad condenser, and the points are in bad shape. The plug wire out of the coil isn't in beautiful condition either. I figured I might try an electronic coil on this one if I can find one. I may also just stick a chip in it and see if it works if I can't find a coil. I can always go back to points later if I want.

All of my 031 Stihls are still running points, along with an old Sears D44, I don't have any desire to change them.

Latest posts

Back