McCulloch PM610

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdburton

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New guy here...I recently bought a PM610,model 60004132. It was really clean and complete... and cheap enough,bought it to loan to my friends,saving my PM 850 that I bought new in the 70's.Anyway,the questions...It runs and cuts perfectly on a vertical cut but dies after a few seconds on a horizontal cut.I did replace the fuel line,spark plug, and air filter.It seems to have good compression but hasn't been checked.The gas that was in it looked and smelled good but I replaced it with no ethanol 32:1 Merc Quicksilver oil.Wrong ratio but I had it for my Lawn Boy. Any ideas? I was thinking coil or carb,maybe kill switch or wire but not crazy about throwing a bunch of money into a $75 saw.I do want to get it running right and I guess I will do what it takes. I see that there are the Pro Mac 610 with the plastic wrap around brake and the PM610 with the metal brake.Mine is the latter. I also see 610 and Super 610. Are there any differences? Thanks!!

I hear you. I just wanted to see if it would run.I dumped the marine mix and replaced with Stihl oil 40:1. No change. No offence meant but is there a forum on here that I might get more responses? New guy just trying to get this site figured out.

Latest posts

Back