McCulloch Pro Mac 700 Has A New Home

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SierraMtns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found this Pro Mac 700 locally. Got the saw home and cleaned it up and started making a game plan. Compression is 145 psi. I need to replace the fuel line and fuel tank cork gasket. The fuel line looks different then the 10-10 and PM 60 I have so I will need to figure out what will for work for a replacement. Also the de-comp button feels loose so I need to see if I can tighten it up or just replace it. Overall I am really happy to give this saw a new home.

Can't wait to take it out to the woods.

IMG_1111.JPG IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1115.JPG

I have a 7-10---If you try to start without decomp you will break/hurt something!!---David
I have an SP-70 that is the same way, I've pulled the starter handle off the rope more than once while trying to start it without the decompression release.

Is 145 pretty good for these old saws?

My other 2 macs have less compression and they run good. SO I am excited to run this saw.

Here is the PM60 with less compression and I have it running a little rich. 24" bar with full comp chain.

Latest posts

Back