Mcculloch pro mac 700 piston/rings/cylinder etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigg Al

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to posting on this site. I picked up a pro mac 700. I viewed piston under carb and noticed some pretty good scratches. Very low compression. I haven't gone into it any further but feel I will need a new cylinder, piston , rings , etc. Hopefully by the weekend I can see more of what I might be up against. Anyone have a cylinder or all ? The piston and rings are obviously readily available online e-bay , but not so much the chrome cylinder. Sad thing is this saw is immaculate other than the above mentioned . Thanks for you time and any ideas are appreciated.

Immaculate shape and tore up piston sounds like someone straight gassed it early in its life to me but could be wrong.

Don’t have the parts but it will be a great saw when you get it going! Welcome to the site!

Been there, done that. Parts can be had, you just have to search and hope. Two different sizes on the rings, check yours before ordering. Piston and cylinder is the problem. Somebody might have a good used one if your lucky. Just keep looking. It's a great saw to run, IMHO, good luck with the search and rebuild. Welcome to AS.

Back