Mcculloch super 33 year

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gumby

Reaction score
I am resurecting a super 33 can someone help me find what year it is
I had to make piston rings and am reassembling should be running soon.

Super 33 is a unique design of chain saw. The carburetor is unlike anything else in the industry. If you have no knowledge of it do not move the main adjusting screw. Unfortunately the diaphragm for that saw has been unavailable for a long time through normal sources. The motor was used to power several excellent attachments that were also marketed by McCulloch. In our part of the country there was a drill attachment that was used to drill large stumps for blasting during road building in the woods. There was a tree planting/post hole transmission and a brushcutter.
The Super 33 was replaced by the 39 which had an improved type of piston utilizing an "interference fit" wrist pin. The fuel used to boil in the tank quite readily so McCulloch built an accessory fuel tank cover that increased the capacity of the tank quite a bit and made it harder to boil the gas. You have probably found the fuel pump which is located at the bottom of the crankcase inside the fuel tank. It has a copper diaphragm in it so it should be ok. Have fun with it.
Mike

i know i got tearing into my 35 and saw the carb and all i did was sit there and wonder what they were thinking when they made it. how well did they run?

My Uncle explained to me this summer how that carb works. I'm not sure I understand it yet!

I just found one, should I pic it up?

I am not vintage chainsaw guy, yet. I found a Super 33 that looks 95% complete with bar and chain. No paint left. I am thinking that I should pass it along to some one who be into it rather than another project saw for me. Your thoughts on this as a desirable or not saw to have, sell or trade? Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back