McCulloch Super 6-10A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkbait

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
This is my new to me McCulloch Super 6-10A chainsaw. I was able to get it for $40. The only thing wrong with it was that the recoil spring need to be rewound, did that in about 10 mins. It came with a nice mcculloch bar with one used chain and 2 new oregon 72lpx chains, plus a nice mcculloch scabbard.
DSC02573.jpg

DSC02574.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

DSC02577.jpg

I thought I would also throw in a pic of my new house in the snow. Just got it in January.
DSC02564.jpg

How much land did you get with the house....

btw....nice saw to add to the collection and with 2 new chains to boot!

Dan

nice old mac. got to love a good saw for 40 bucks! i ran up on a 450 the oyher day fur $65. it would start but not run. about 25 years of dirt and 2 hours fixed it rite up. i don't have a 6-10 but a old 2-10 that looks alot like that one.
jnl

Last edited:
How much land did you get with the house....

btw....nice saw to add to the collection and with 2 new chains to boot!

Dan

Thanks! We got 6 acres with the house.

Nice new place!

Thanks!

nice old mac. got to love a good saw for 40 bucks! i ran up on a 450 the oyher day fur $65. it would start but not run. about 25 years of dirt and 2 hours fixed it rite up. i don't have a 6-10 but a old 2-10 that looks alot like that one.
jnl

I hadn't tried to start it yet, but it does seem to have good compression. One good thing about the super 6-10A is that its 70cc like the 7-10A and the pro mac 700. The body on this one is a little rough, but it gives it some character. It does have a new rim sprocket on it too. Hopefully all I need is some mix in the tank to get it running. The fuel line looks good, so maybe just a carb kit at the most. I love these 70cc macs!

Nice place Mitchell. Hope you enjoy the solitude of living amongst the trees like that. A nicely built, well insulated home sure make life easier.

Congratulations on the 6-10 as well. I like the 70 cc 10 Series saws and my 7-10 is my favorite. If the 6-10 is fresh at all it should be a blast to run.

I bought (well, I paid $100) for a 6-10 from a member here but in 8 months it never seemed to arrive. I finally got tired of sending messages that simply went unanswered.

Life it like that some times, yes it is.

Mark

Nice place Mitchell. Hope you enjoy the solitude of living amongst the trees like that. A nicely built, well insulated home sure make life easier.

Congratulations on the 6-10 as well. I like the 70 cc 10 Series saws and my 7-10 is my favorite. If the 6-10 is fresh at all it should be a blast to run.

I bought (well, I paid $100) for a 6-10 from a member here but in 8 months it never seemed to arrive. I finally got tired of sending messages that simply went unanswered.

Life it like that some times, yes it is.

Mark

Thanks! I'm sorry to hear your bad experience with the 6-10. I haven't had too bad of an experience yet, knock on wood. I have two of the 7-10A saws. They are both pretty much new. One was like new when I got it and I rebuilt the other one with all new engine parts, other than the cylinder. I also ported that one too. I haven't ran it that much because of my injury, so I'm yet to see how much the saw gained by being ported. The porting was complicated because of the clamshell design. I widened and lowered the intake, and widened the exhaust. I also blended the transfers towards the intake side of the cylinder. Then I port matched each piece of the intake from the carb to the block. The hardest thing that I have found to deal with on the 10 series saws is the auto oiler. The one screw design for fastening the oiler in the oil tank is a poor design. I have yet to get one to seal completely, even with a new rubber gasket. The only way that I have gotten one to seal, is by drilling two holes in the top of the oil tank and adding two additional screws to the rear of the auto oiler.

well i learnt something tuday, did not know the 6-10 was a 70 cc. and as for the paont i woog rather see worn than chipped. btw nice home looks very nice and 6 acers is a nice homested.

Your welcome! :)

Don't forget about that Mac PM1000/SP125C video you promised me, Stinkbait! I'm gonna hold you to it. :hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

Your welcome! :)

Don't forget about that Mac PM1000/SP125C video you promised me, Stinkbait! I'm gonna hold you to it. :hmm3grin2orange:

:cheers:

It's gonna take a while for the video, but it will happen. I am just getting around to gripping things now with my hand. I wouldn't feel safe running a 123cc saw without a good tight grip on the front handle.

It's gonna take a while for the video, but it will happen. I am just getting around to gripping things now with my hand. I wouldn't feel safe running a 123cc saw without a good tight grip on the front handle.

Definitely, in due time, no need to rush anything along. I'm not cutting lately either, but it's just because the heavy snowfall and all of the repairs we've had this season. I'm fully expecting to in about a month, we might be thawed out by then.

Definitely, in due time, no need to rush anything along. I'm not cutting lately either, but it's just because the heavy snowfall and all of the repairs we've had this season. I'm fully expecting to in about a month, we might be thawed out by then.

Everything has thawed here since the last snow, but it's still very wet.

Mitchell, looks like you done well on that one!

I think so. Can't wait to fire her up. Maybe I can get my FFIL to pull the rope for me.

Latest posts

Back