Mechanical Tree Jack?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
takes the same amount of time to set a rope with a puller and use a wedge that it would to set this little jack up,,,on the hinge thing,,,that hinge looks way to big for the size of the tree,,,i would use no more than two inch hinge on a diameter tree of that size,,,,

dang ,,, you must be quick with a rope and puller :p

takes the same amount of time to set a rope with a puller and use a wedge that it would to set this little jack up,,,on the hinge thing,,,that hinge looks way to big for the size of the tree,,,i would use no more than two inch hinge on a diameter tree of that size,,,,

less than five minutes to set the rope,,,,cut the face and get ready to drop it down with a wedge

It takes less than 20 seconds to set up "this little jack". I guess you haven't tried. I'm sure that with your rope set up in "less than five minutes" you really should make that hinge smaller. With that "little jack" it's not a problem. Also you might want to shut down the wind. (and maybe remove the house and photographer from leaning direction)

easy there jokke,,,im not trying to attack your methods,,,i just dont see in my opinion how that is effective,,,the bottom line is,,,,get the tree down to the ground the most safest and effective way possible

SWE#Kipp;709822 I just bought this Rope puller as a compliment of the Treejack !! I'm really looking forward of testing it :) [IMG said:
http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=53842&stc=1&d=1183807407[/IMG]

I love the rope puller.

stalp

i haven't used the stalp but the company i usesto wor for was crasy abaut the rh-pusher and i think it's a peace of ???? ,
it's heavy to cary arownd and it's a back barking to use and alot of the time you need a rope any way.
you can get a rope up a tree just as fast if you count the time to get it from the car to the tree.

whit a trow bag you could easily get the rope up 15 meters so that ten time the leverage to what you get that jack so then you your down in 250 kilos of force to make the same effect,
and then you tie the end of the rope in a tree and pull the rope halfway then you get aouter the tomes levearge ten your down to 25kg,
save your back and use a rope instead

heavy p.o.s

I had one,carted it all around for ages,must weigh as much as 200 polymer wedges and a 200 meters of rope.One day we were working by the sea and oops!
It didn't float.

I don't know if you call this mechanical tree jack, but there I am using it

kaatotunkkikanervatiella.jpg

The holding wood is too much, the backcut is too high. Looks to me like it would have been better placed against the concrete step, the angle is too sharp.But, whatever works for you.

Back