Media Cat Chain Letter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No problem, I just noticed your last several posts have gone away for some reason. So, am I the last guy you are talking about or do I have one coming? Thanks for responding

Ok guys I screwed up copying the media cat. Can someone walk me through it? I copied the disc to a flash drive and then burnt copies from the flash drive. The guys I sent it to are not able to get it to open and I don't want to leave them hanging. Thanks.

Ok guys I screwed up copying the media cat. Can someone walk me through it? I copied the disc to a flash drive and then burnt copies from the flash drive. The guys I sent it to are not able to get it to open and I don't want to leave them hanging. Thanks.

Go disc to disc using the same format CD for the copy as the original is on...e.g., CD-R -> CD-R and not CD-R -> DVD or the other way around.

Got mine too. Thanks shawn022. So anyone just let me know and ill pick up after rockfarmer has done his. Thanks to everyone

Glad you guys got it. In the process my CD burner went out on my P/c and I had to use a friends computer to burn the last copy. So maybe that was my original problem getting it to copy.

I'd like to update my collections of Stihl SMs and IPLs that I use to service the "Beg for Manuals" thread***. I'm good through about 2009, the date of the last mCAT CD I received. What I need is info for the newer models, especially he M-Tronic versions. If someone can share a CD with those models, I'd greatly appreciate it.

*** Thankfully, I'm not alone doing that task. Others (for example gmax, Hogwild1, mheim1, and Germanoak) carry the bulk of the load.

There is a 2014 with updates as well. Not the same fundamental platform for simply importing the catalogs as has been the case in the past...so I've been told.

V3.33 is the latest platform I've seen distributed here with 2011 being the latest catalog I'm aware of being made available here on the V3.33 platform. Not sure when the platform changed, but I believe catalogs up until 2013 will import to the V3.33 platform with the change being made this year. I know of several dealers in my area who no longer use MediaCat for their main platform (which will handle any OPE catalog input designed for MediaCAT, not just Stihl), in favor of a newer and more efficient/economical application for the purpose.

Not likely we'll be seeing that here any time soon, so keep the chain going with what ya got. And if ya have anything later than a V3.33 2011 catalog, well....
where is it?

Sounds like we need the 2013 catalog to import.

Doesn't work. I obtained the newer v5.X platform with the 2013 catalog and it's very different...and very cool, too. More intricate with lots more front end overhead baggage and fluff and stuff , but the search has been enhanced among other more useful things.

I also tried the reloader script for the older versions to see if it would work on the v5.X to change the expiration date without success.

Can't remember where that came from, but it sure would be nice to have one for the later version. If someone does or knows which Registry entries to edit, please speak up! I think the 2013 version expires at the end of this coming July.

The newest mc only has a few new saw ipl s but the parts search and history is cool as long as is the serial number

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IEL on SH said that he has 2012 version. More current is always good but are there any differences between 2011 and 2012?

I believe I saw the current MC at my dealer and yes it is very different.

Come on you computer programming dudes, help some bruthas out.

Latest posts

Back