Mega score!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, talk about landing on your feet!

In a previous thread I mentioned how I was doing a bit of climbing for a professional tree service. I got the first tree down with no trouble, and he told me about a second tree - standing dead oak. I took a look, and saw that it was very challenging, but I thought I could do it. Quite big, but fairly solid throughout. A deck was built around the tree, house underneath, fence and power lines not very far away. Why not - I shot him my price and he agreed, so I did it. Took me three short days and the owner wanted to leave the last 30 feet standing - why I have no idea.
He was doing another job and delivered to me a HUGE trailer full of oak. He loaded up my own trailer full of the oak I climbed, and I'll be getting the rest of it early next week - plus more from the other job. He was happy with my work (despite punching a small hole in the roof of the house), so he mentioned more trees.
Wish I could give him more time, but I'm swamped with remodeling jobs right now. I can give him 1 day next week, but that's it for a bit. Still, there's more wood to come, and he seems happy to just dump wood at my place. Wood for burning and selling! Wohoo!

Yeah - it sucks without pics, so here are a few. Sorry some were taken at night.

Tree I climbed and took down. See the deck around the tree - and it was partly detached from the house!
IMG_9693.JPG

The funny-looking monkey in the tree.
IMG_9702.JPG

The big trailer load. I think I'll pass on that huge chunk there.
IMG_9718.JPG

A bit of the smaller stuff stacked up.
IMG_9722.JPG

Good things happen to good people.
Looks like you're going to be busy with firewood this year.

Well, talk about landing on your feet!

In a previous thread I mentioned how I was doing a bit of climbing for a professional tree service. I got the first tree down with no trouble, and he told me about a second tree - standing dead oak. I took a look, and saw that it was very challenging, but I thought I could do it. Quite big, but fairly solid throughout. A deck was built around the tree, house underneath, fence and power lines not very far away. Why not - I shot him my price and he agreed, so I did it. Took me three short days and the owner wanted to leave the last 30 feet standing - why I have no idea.
He was doing another job and delivered to me a HUGE trailer full of oak. He loaded up my own trailer full of the oak I climbed, and I'll be getting the rest of it early next week - plus more from the other job. He was happy with my work (despite punching a small hole in the roof of the house), so he mentioned more trees.
Wish I could give him more time, but I'm swamped with remodeling jobs right now. I can give him 1 day next week, but that's it for a bit. Still, there's more wood to come, and he seems happy to just dump wood at my place. Wood for burning and selling! Wohoo!

Yeah - it sucks without pics, so here are a few. Sorry some were taken at night.

Tree I climbed and took down. See the deck around the tree - and it was partly detached from the house!
View attachment 419947

The funny-looking monkey in the tree.
View attachment 419948

The big trailer load. I think I'll pass on that huge chunk there.
View attachment 419949

A bit of the smaller stuff stacked up.
View attachment 419950

...nice, Stache.

Latest posts

Back