Menards bar and chain oil sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am right behind both of you !! need to replenish my stash as well ... need to go get 20 or so jugs to get me back up to 50 gallons ...... don't want to be caught with less than half of what I use in a good year! so one good sell of a cord of red oak pays for b/c oil plus gas??

I picked up a gallon of oil at Menard's to try about a year ago, it was about as thin as water. It's not this stuff though.

How is the tackyness on this?

You need to look at it a different way. Figure out what a new bar costs. Then figure the price difference between a high
price oil and a cheap oil. Will your bar last past the point of breaking even? If so it's a no brainer. I run the cheap stuff and I have a 150 plus cords on my bar. It's a 16" Oregon bar. It's also on a modded 261 so it runs some rpm.

Scott

I ran the Menard's oil last winter with out a hitch. The little Ive been cutting this summer I switched back to A little thicker husky oil. Seems to be working out well

Latest posts

Back