Merry Christmas to me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootboy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So about 3 weeks ago I bought a brand new echo cs-600p and did some light cutting for a few tanks, good break in I think. My friends gave me a hard time, asking me "whaddya need a chainsaw for?" and "What a waste of money" Then, on Thursday, we had a record setting windstorm that knocked down about half the spruce trees along a 30 mile stretch of town. (northern Utah). I immediately printed a bunch of flyers and started knocking doors. My phone starting ringing and I've been cutting for 3 days solid. I've made as much money in 3 days as I make in 3 weeks at my hospital job (which isn't shabby pay). I've got jobs lined up for 3 more days and my buddy who works for a disaster cleanup/appraisal business is feeding me job after job as his sub contractor for tree removal.

The short of it is that I couldn't have picked a bettertime to buy a saw , and now all the people who made fun of me are laughing out of the other sides of their faces :)
I love the saw and couldn't be happier. I had it buried in 28" spruce for hours and it made pile after pile of noodles at my feet. I was super impressed at how much I could cut in such a short time. I payed my brother and 2 friends $20/he to help me. Winners all the way around, just in time for Christmas.

What are the odds? :)

Good on you for the hard work. Lots of hustle usually pays off. Glad you are liking your new saw and glad to see it paying for itself. Stay safe

DarkTimber

Latest posts

Back