messed witha husky for the first time today..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zopi

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
guy that owns the land where I'm cutting the pecans came out and mentioned
he had an old saw that was jacked up...ok..lemme look at it..turns out to be a husky 55 rancher...thing was gnasty...so I popped the clutch cover and cleaned the oiler...tighened the chain :censored: that tensioner sucks...got the saw fired and oiling...tried to cut a log I had bucked...geezz...what 'd ya sharpen this thing with? asphalt?...no biggy...lemme grab a file...went to work on the chain..got it set...saw cuts good...dude is ecstatic..says it cuts better now than
when he got it...

In all honesty, i did not like the saw at all...that outboard clutch/brake bugged me, didn't like the controls...I guess it is a good saw...but I'm sticking with my Stihls.... :chainsaw: :monkey:

the newer bigger huskys and far nicer dont let that little thing turn you off

yeh..I have looked at the new saws...I just don't like the way they feel...I'm not running down husky...damn good saw, there are just too many little things...

I like the way a Stihl feels in my hands...much like a good old bailey or stanley plane...or a good ax...

yeh..I have looked at the new saws...I just don't like the way they feel...I'm not running down husky...damn good saw, there are just too many little things...

I like the way a Stihl feels in my hands...much like a good old bailey or stanley plane...or a good ax...

I know what you mean. Then again all new saws feel cheap and flimsy to me. Plastic should not be on a tool with 3 to 7 hp. Plastic is cheap...cheap...cheap. Drop your saw just right on the handle when its 10 degrees out, bang, broken expensive piece of crap plastic.

Besides I worked at a plastic factory for a short time. I got out of there in a hurry when I reallized that everyone, and I mean everyone who worked there more than 25 years met an early retirement. Death due to lung cancer. Did I meantion I dispise anything made with cheap, disposable, cancer causing plastic?

I know what you mean. Then again all new saws feel cheap and flimsy to me. Plastic should not be on a tool with 3 to 7 hp. Plastic is cheap...cheap...cheap. Drop your saw just right on the handle when its 10 degrees out, bang, broken expensive piece of crap plastic.

Besides I worked at a plastic factory for a short time. I got out of there in a hurry when I reallized that everyone, and I mean everyone who worked there more than 25 years met an early retirement. Death due to lung cancer. Did I meantion I dispise anything made with cheap, disposable, cancer causing plastic?

So? How do you feel about plastic?:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back