Met with a fellow Arboristsite member last week

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Got a msg from a fella asking how my old DR 6 ton splitter was holding up as he was tempted to buy one he'd seen on his local craigslist. We messaged back and forth for a few days and as fate would have it he was gonna be in my general vicinity for a couple days. I told him the splitter has held up just fine and he'd be more than welcome to stop by and check it out. It wasn't being used anymore since I'd purchased the newer DR K10. I'd intended on putting it on craigslist but never got around to it. Anywho, I told him I was wanting to sell mine as well, and for a considerable amount less than the one he was considering. I even threw in the Arboristsite member discount:numberone:. I take good care of my tools and equipment and the splitter was still in perfect working order. I even had all the original paperwork and tools that came with it from about ten years ago. So Jon stops by with the missus and family dog in tow and we have a great business deal as well as a really nice talk about tools and chainsaws and such. We probably would have talked for hours but he was heading back home and I didn't want to hold him up longer than necessary. Real nice fella though, and I'm glad we met and was able to conduct a business transaction that we could both be happy with. Jon1270 it was a pleasure meeting and talking with you young fella:hi: For the most part it appears the folks on this site are pretty down to earth people. Be safe out there...

I too met someone from blogging on AS and have become friends. Turns out my wife, a retired elementary art and forth grade school teacher, had his wife as a student. And, as part of his daughters birthday party, did an art project with the kids on her special day. Big world/small world, it is all connected somehow.

It was nice meeting you too, Bryan, and I'm enjoying the splitter. I think I'm finally broken of my desire for a gas splitter; for the couple of cords I burn each year, an X-27 and a nice electric unit are plenty.

The GTG's are great for meeting others. They usually post about them in the Chainsaw forum. It's always kinda weird seeing people face-to-face after you've known them online for a while. You think you know what they will look or act like, but it's always different.

I'm sure svk is a real jerk, though.

:laugh::happy::p

Easy Unc... until your old enough to grow some hair on your chin.:drinkingcoffee:
View attachment 544886
Edit: Going to have to update. That was last January.

Nice! I grow a decent beard myself, but the wife doesn't let me keep it.

577500_3964498075981_1333603660_n.jpg

The Van Dyke look wasn't too bad either.
546740_3964498475991_1302945847_n.jpg

It was nice meeting you too, Bryan, and I'm enjoying the splitter. I think I'm finally broken of my desire for a gas splitter; for the couple of cords I burn each year, an X-27 and a nice electric unit are plenty.
:DGood to hear buddy! I enjoy busting rounds with my Fiskars more than anything else!:chop:

Back