Meteor 460 kit. I like a lot? A little porting help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. The intake is now set at 99 deg abdc I was shooting for 100 deg abdc or 80 but I'm happy with 99 or 81. I was able to open it up too.
IMAG0441_zpsa6237c4f.jpg

I just marked out the upper transfers. Wow that's a lot of grinding to do to get them up to 116 deg atdc. It's like an 1/8" grinding. Would you guys go that far or does 120 sound better? Whats the advantage to taking them so high?
IMAG0443_zpsd6069055.jpg

I just marked out the upper transfers. Wow that's a lot of grinding to do to get them up to 116 deg atdc. It's like an 1/8" grinding. Would you guys go that far or does 120 sound better? Whats the advantage to taking them so high?

The 046/460 runs best with short blowdown. I'm talking even as little as 14°. That's what's in my 440/460. I wouldn't run any more than 17°-18°. That's one of the single most important parts of your build. They actually used to come from the factory that way.

hey chadihman....

need some guinea pig #'s for the spreadsheet if you still have it apart.

bore; stroke; conn. rod length; just opening; fully open; and port widths. if it's a bother NP.

just want to run some numbers is all.

-omb

i'd never post them....since i only need real numbers to them to run through.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back