Michigan guys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despite rain and melt late last week I still can't get into the woods either w/ my tractor (chains on it) or my ATV. Probably 18" still not hard crusty stuff...I can go a ways with my ATV right until I break through the crust and it sits on the frame.

You have more than us, there's about 12-14" of crusty snow here.

I got hardly anything left on the ground but they are saying that might change over the next few days...

Bah.... Nothing like they were predicting. I drove my wife to work from Plainwell to Allegan and it wasn't that bad at all. Heck, I was doing 45 down M222. Guess the ice stayed mostly below Kalamazoo. Was looking forward to doing some scrounging and firing up the saws....

Chris

Is it just me or is that the longest dang road ever I had to drive my wife to work all the time down that road. It all looks the same from orangeville to allegan.

Yup, but the nice thing about that road is that I can usually get around the 15 MPH club without much problem. M89 can be a pain to get around the slow peeps with all the traffic and curves. 222 is nice and straight, and easy to get to work on in the winter.

On a side note, it was -6 in Allegan this morning, and my Woodmaster is really eating up the woodpile with this cold a$$ air that has settled over the midwest. I am so looking forward to the highs in the 30's, much less spring, lol!

Chris

we have about 16" on the ground excellent snowmobileing, to bad i blew mine up last sunday, need to get it fixed! Anyway one good thing about it the beer money guys cant get to the woods to cut wood so the wood supply locally is low! I dont know about the rest of you but, i am getting sick and tired of this single digit or less weather.

Hey nitrous and magnum, my folks live a few miles of 222, should stop by and say hi sometime. I'd say bring them firewood but they're propane snobs and my mom is a hardcore insurance person.

We have about 20" on the ground. Todays high was 23, a heat wave. It was real nice. I'll be heading down and over the state next week and will see how bad it is there. Hope we are done with the below 0 crap. I'm thinking spring.:greenchainsaw:

We have about 20" on the ground. Todays high was 23, a heat wave. It was real nice. I'll be heading down and over the state next week and will see how bad it is there. Hope we are done with the below 0 crap. I'm thinking spring.:greenchainsaw:

Unfortunately the weather man is calling for another cold spell for this weekend.

I'm thinking spring too. I think we may rent a house in clearwater for spring break. I need sunshine.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back