Michigan new laws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's becoming a problem here in NZ too. Parasitic bureaucracy supposedly to save us from our selves when too many of these govt departments are staffed by self-righteous, empire building, hypocritical revenue gatherers. We actually had the most absurd situation recently where a farmer was hammered with fines for actually PLANTING Native Trees:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/64407456/treeplanting-farmer-bas-nelis-cops-huge-fine

The world has gone batshit crazy, and unfortunately we only have ourselves to blame for allowing it.

Then we have safety inspectors determined to protect and grow their empires by dreaming all manner of safety accords and shoving them down the throats of anyone they feel has the money to pay the fines needed t keep building their officious empires. All in the name of safety. A farmer here got fines something like $40K for not wearing a helmet when riding his quad bike on his farm (not public roads). Yet, if it was all about safety and not fines, why is is it legal for recreational users of quads to ride without helmets?

If we remove the need for common sense from the equation, then of course we are going to breed generations of fumb ducks who haven't a clue how to think for themselves. More sheeple for various govt agencies to fleece. More people who have SFA situational awareness, who can't see a risk until it bites them in the arse unless a textbook draws it for them from every single angle.

And those idiots, not a single one, has any inkling of history! Retarded bloated parasitical/despotic regimes *always* end badly for the "ruling class" and their functionaries. Very, very badly. Messy.

And those idiots, not a single one, has any inkling of history! Retarded bloated parasitical/despotic regimes *always* end badly for the "ruling class" and their functionaries. Very, very badly. Messy.
We can but hope.

It's becoming a problem here in NZ too. Parasitic bureaucracy supposedly to save us from our selves when too many of these govt departments are staffed by self-righteous, empire building, hypocritical revenue gatherers. We actually had the most absurd situation recently where a farmer was hammered with fines for actually PLANTING Native Trees:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming/64407456/treeplanting-farmer-bas-nelis-cops-huge-fine

The world has gone batshit crazy, and unfortunately we only have ourselves to blame for allowing it.

This is true but when the knowing minority is silent the ignorant majority will be able to work their will unfettered.....:eek:

All in the name of safety. A farmer here got fines something like $40K for not wearing a helmet when riding his quad bike on his farm (not public roads). Yet, if it was all about safety and not fines, why is is it legal for recreational users of quads to ride without helmets?

My philosophy is to utilize the process of natural selection. We can do away with about 90% of the laws we have which I feel are designed for those without any common sense. It used to be the dumb ones would get involved in something that would get them eliminated form the gene pool and consequently they would not be here to propagate. Now we have entire generations who aren't smart enough to pour pi$$ out of a boot if the instructions were written on the bottom. Oh and by the way these are the ones a certain political party is pandering to for their voter base...;) with the promise of leveling out the financial disparity in this country:wtf:. Take from those who have worked and risked financial ruin and made a little money and give it to those who would rather use their posterior to warm the sofa cushions. And then they become indignant if they don't get as much as they were promised. How many of you remember the street interviews back in 2009 of the heavyset black woman in Michigan waiting in line for what she thought were Obama bucks. :dumb:

If we remove the need for common sense from the equation, then of course we are going to breed generations of fumb ducks who haven't a clue how to think for themselves. More sheeple for various govt agencies to fleece. More people who have SFA situational awareness, who can't see a risk until it bites them in the arse unless a textbook draws it for them from every single angle.
See my above statement addressing :yes:this concern..

Then we have safety inspectors determined to protect and grow their empires by dreaming all manner of safety accords and shoving them down the throats of anyone they feel has the money to pay the fines needed t keep building their officious empires. All in the name of safety. A farmer here got fines something like $40K for not wearing a helmet when riding his quad bike on his farm (not public roads). Yet, if it was all about safety and not fines, why is is it legal for recreational users of quads to ride without helmets?

Well that last post didn't work at all. Haven' t figured out the multiple quote thing yet.

My previous attempt was to point out my philosophy on the safety aspect you mentioned above is allow the process of natural selection to work, the stupid ones are allowed to eliminate themselves from the gene pool thus not allowing the inferior genes to be propagated into the next generation.In the meantime the intelligent people are not encumbered by the progressives attempts, and rules, to save the stupid ones.

The comment about having ourselves to blame is somewhat true, but we are fighting an up hill battle, when the political correctness thing was allowed and championed in school to the youth, it furthered the less intelligent's hold over the more thoughtful minority. We are evil to point out the problems in society concerning the lack of morals, work ethic or personal responsibility. The vocal minority will triumphant over the silent majority every time. Now I fear they are becoming equal in numbers or have gained a numbers advantage....

The world has indeed became bat$hit crazy.... I remember watching a street interview in 2009 in Detroit Michigan, people were lined up outside a building waiting for something and the heavyset women was asked what she expected to receive, her reply was OBAMA BUCKS :dumb: she actually explained she knew that Obama was going to send money to them, didn't know where it was coming from but didn't care, she wanted hers.....I thought to myself then that we were no longer going to be a civilized nation...and it has only became worse.

Part of our business is cell phones...
Shortly after Obama was first elected we had one come in that had her service shut off because of lack of payment. When the girls up front told her she would have to pay the balance due, plus a reinstatement fee to get the service restored, she went into an abusive verbal tirade. According to her, she was being screwed-over by our office, the service provider, the electric company, her landlord, etc., etc., etc. because... now get this... Obama said she wouldn't have to pay her bills anymore when he was elected :laughing:

I remember thinking at the time, "Seriously?? That's the mentality of the people who elected that... ummmm... man?? We're friggin' screwed‼"

"I remember thinking at the time, "Seriously?? That's the mentality of the people who elected that... ummmm... man?? We're friggin' screwed‼"..... ! ?? SO SORRY!!?? it's not "THE MAN", it's the mentality of the voters behind the voting booth that didn't make the right decision for their future or the countries! it's always blame the man in the "MULTICOLORED HOUSE" at 1600 Pennsylvania ave..... tough thinking of "SELF RELIANCE AN DECISIONS" !

"I remember thinking at the time, "Seriously?? That's the mentality of the people who elected that... ummmm... man?? We're friggin' screwed‼"..... ! ?? SO SORRY!!?? it's not "THE MAN", it's the mentality of the voters behind the voting booth that didn't make the right decision for their future or the countries! it's always blame the man in the "MULTICOLORED HOUSE" at 1600 Pennsylvania ave..... tough thinking of "SELF RELIANCE AN DECISIONS" !

Chucker I have to disagree with you here, I followed his campaign pretty closely back in 07-08 because I recognized him for what he is early on, if you listened to his speeches he pandered to that crowd and that entitlement mentality. He purposely made promises everyone with half a brain knew he couldn't fulfill, unless, he socialized this nation. He did it to draw out a segment of this society that had NEVER ever voted or cared before. He was successful at that. The problem is those he pandered to have started to figure him out now. The collateral damage done and still being perpetrated on us is the issue we will have to deal with, if possible after he is gone.;) This revelation is evident in the lack of votes for his party in the last election, the people that put him in office didn't get what they expected so they weren't going to vote for his party any more!

Okay let the sparks fly :innocent:

I have found that most of the time the monies generated by government agencies goes into the till to make themselves bigger. This allows them to get more power and look for new ways to generate even more revenue. Reminds me of cancer in SO many ways.

When I installed my heating system local county made me get a Hydraulic permit. This was because of the pex tubing in concrete. They wanted me to put 50PSI on the system and it had to hold pressure for 20 minutes. Fought with them that was over the suggested pressure and had to get manufacturer to verify. When the "inspector" came I had it under pressure with the gauge there. Guy looked at it and talked on his phone. After 5 minutes he said okay, that is fine and signed off. I could have had a fixed gauge with no pressure and it is obvious it is just about the fees. I had close to $2000 in inspection fees and that is nothing compared to what Florida and CA do to people.

Our county actually paid certain individuals "finders fees" for people building or doing projects without getting the permits.

I have seen some peoples work so I understand why some regs are needed but things have gotten WAY out of hand.

One of the best ones I know of is what my Dad did. He built houses all his life and ended up teaching carpentry at the local vocational school. Each class would build an actual house every year.

Inspector came to do his thing and was looking at the stairs. All of a sudden he asked for all the students to gather around. He then said, "Guys, this is why inspectors are needed. These stairs are out of spec." Took his tape out and showed them. Then said, "The tread and rise are out of proportion by 3/4" on this whole staircase and things like this should not be let go."

Dad then said, " Class, this is why you always need to be present when an inspector comes. As you all know, we put down 3/4" plywood scraps to save wear and tear on these steps during the construction process. Being here saves more wasted time and taxpayers money because not all inspectors realize what they are looking at."

Dad is normally quite but since the guy wanted to make a show out of it, he played along with him. Inspector was quick to leave after that one.
I had about the same thing happen about twenty years ago. I expanded our living room and added twenty feet of east exposure windows and twenty foot of southern exposure windows. Inspector come out to inspect. Looked at it and said your going to loose a lot of heat. I said they are low e windows and that will help. He said low what. He was inspector and didn't even know what low e windows were.

We just had our home redone after a fire. If I have to hear "in order to meet code we have to ..." one more time I think I will hit someone. I understand the safety and structural stuff but when the plumber said in order to pass inspection you need hot water. Well, what if I don't want hot water (if I hired Uncle Moustache to do it I wouldn't get it anyway). Why do I have to pay all the money to have it put in. Don't know if it's true but heard the Amish have to have the electrical wiring put in when building even though they never will use it. Yeah I know what if they ever sell it, well buyer beware, it's reflected in the sales price. Freeeedom!!!

...I recognized him for what he is early on...
Yeah... I had him pegged also. He wasn't making campaign promises he likely couldn't keep, he was flat out lying... he was making promises he had no intention of ever even trying to make happen. He wasn't even planning on pretending... the man has zero character of worth, and zero leadership qualities, he's flat incompetent as a leader.
Both my MIL and SIL were planning to vote for him (and did). Their reasoning?? Anything is better than what we've had.
I was amazed... they weren't planning to vote for Obama, they were planning to vote against Bush (who wasn't even running). I tried to explain that casting a vote in a presidential election is voting for a man, not against one. I asked them what it was about Obama they liked and were voting for. Their answer?? He's not Bush (who wasn't even running) :rolleyes:
Now I can fully understand not voting for McCain, and later Romney (I didn't)... but I also didn't vote for Obama just because he was not them, or Bush.
A year later I got to have my fun... I got to say, "I told you so."
Neither one of them voted for Obama the next go-a-round... but, like me, they didn't vote for Romney either.
Voting for the lessor-of-two-evils is just as bad as voting against someone (maybe even worse)... nothing will ever change until the people start voting for something specific. In nearly every state there are more than two candidates on the ballot ya' know?? An ideologue, no matter what political party he/she hails from, will always make a lousy leader... great leadership must necessarily transcend such narrow-mindedness.

OK... enough of this political crap... we'll just get this thread bounced (but I did get my say in :D).

We just had our home redone after a fire. If I have to hear "in order to meet code we have to ..." one more time I think I will hit someone. I understand the safety and structural stuff but when the plumber said in order to pass inspection you need hot water. Well, what if I don't want hot water (if I hired Uncle Moustache to do it I wouldn't get it anyway). Why do I have to pay all the money to have it put in. Don't know if it's true but heard the Amish have to have the electrical wiring put in when building even though they never will use it. Yeah I know what if they ever sell it, well buyer beware, it's reflected in the sales price. Freeeedom!!!

All the codes vary county to county, state to state so it may be possible with what you elude to with the Amish. My sister lives in Northern Indiana where a lot of them are. It is an ongoing business there for electricians because when Amish move into a house they have to have ALL the wiring removed from the house. Then when an "English person" as they call us moves back in, all of it gets put back in again. Little devils in the wall I guess. Rules for Amish are set by their Bishops and strictness and rules change with every Bishop change. When she first moved into the area their Amish couldn't have tires that held air, only solid rubber. Bishop change, now they can.

To an outside person to their way of life it seems to be a conniving lifestyle. They spent a lot of time figuring out ways to get around the rules. I'll give 2 examples. Back before Cell phones they weren't allowed to have phones in the house. My sister's Amish neighbor and friend, who lives in the country, had the phone company put a pay phone at the end of their drive. They used it constantly, but it wasn't "theirs". Even asked the phone company to move it closer because they couldn't here it from the house.

One that really cracked me up was they are not allowed to have a tractor pull any equipment through a field, they are allowed to have a tractor as a stationary power supply, meaning it can power the equipment, just not pull it through the field. I saw an Amish crew square baling a field and they had a new tractor and baler and were pulling it through the field with a team of horses while it was in neutral. Really?

Back