MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple saw pics...

AWOL & Andydodgegeek

7abajysa.jpg

Andydodgegeek & Bill G

2enetu3a.jpg

Modified Mark & Bill G

a9umudu8.jpg

A little mentorship

uqy3ageq.jpg

Tallguy & the mighty mite

a8yha8yp.jpg

The Dodgegeeks running the bow saw (cool !)
9edu7u9e.jpg

u3e6edu6.jpg

Sent from north of hwy 8

Sarah, just wondering if you ever seen a bow saw being raced before? :laugh: I think its a first for me. :givebeer: It was Mikes idea, so I said I would try it.

I'm glad you got to run one, since you said you never got the chance before, sorry the 744 decided to be moody yesterday but I found out today why. It had a leaking gasket between the carb and the reed valve adapter. I must have screwed it up the other day when I had the carb off of it. It's fixed now though. I'll bring a direct drive bow saw for you to run next time. ..

Wow, lumberjackchef! That sign turned out awesome!

Sent from north of hwy 8
Thanks, I love doing those type of signs too. The oak slabs are heavy to work with but turn out above par ! Glad to be blessed with the opportunity to do it as well.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Thanks to Homelite410 and the Hoskeys for organizing and hosting the GTG, and to everyone else who pitched in. We had beautiful weather on Saturday and I met a lot of guys I only knew on line.

I will try and post some photos in a few days, especially if they are different from those others have posted.

Philbert

Lots of people to thank. Thanks to the Hoskey's, Mike and all else that put this together. A thanks to modified mark, cbfarmall, and Bill for letting me and Sarah run such a cool bunch of old saws. The two man was real cool, the solo twin was very cool (love the sound of that thing), the old poulan bow saws and that stick shift homelite were a real treat to not only see but make a few cuts with, that's the stuff that makes these GTG's great. Everyone was extremely friendly and I had a great time. I sure am glad I got involved with such a great group of people. Thanks again.

That is a simply a TOP NOTCH piece of work. The skill and knowledge needed is amazing
Thanks for the kind words Bill. It was truly a blessing that I did not know I possessed and give thanks to the Lord for endowing me with such a gift. And the best part is being able to share it with everyone! The other carver on my team, Darick, had a close call with the tornado that hit in SEK yesterday. His aunt and her neighbors however, were in the direct path and lost their homes in Baxter Springs, Ks. He called and asked if I was ready for a carve-a-thon to help raise some money for their immediate needs. We feel this is the reason that God brought us together because we both feel like the gift of carving that we have been given should be used, not for personal gain, but to use it to help out our brothers and sisters in their time of greatest need and share the love of God with everyone that we encounter. Have a blessed day everyone!

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Back