MidWest SawFest IA MO spring GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nasty weather last night for sure! me and chad went by several places that got hit before or after we went by
For sure! North of Fort Scott 2 very large grain silos were thrown right on top of a BNSF train at the elevator in Hammond, Ks. Plus my carving buddy Darick's aunt lost her home in Baxter Springs, Ks .
a8aru4ep.jpg

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Hey Philbert the volunteers need some training in Baxter too! When Darick was talking with the mayor last night about us setting up and doing a carve-a-thin down there to help raise money for immediate needs he was told that one volunteer took a ride up a 14' trunk of an oak the the rootball was still attached on. It was spring loaded and as he cut the trunk loose it took off, for some reason or another he held on to it and he had to have someone get him down! Another guy already cut off his hand with a chainsaw. Proof positive that buying a poulan at Walmart and showing up to help doesn't make you a professional tree trimmer! Ouch#$%!

Hey Philbert the volunteers need some training in Baxter too! When Darick was talking with the mayor last night about us setting up and doing a carve-a-thin down there to help raise money for immediate needs he was told that one volunteer took a ride up a 14' trunk of an oak the the rootball was still attached on. It was spring loaded and as he cut the trunk loose it took off, for some reason or another he held on to it and he had to have someone get him down! Another guy already cut off his hand with a chainsaw. Proof positive that buying a poulan at Walmart and showing up to help doesn't make you a professional tree trimmer! Ouch#$%!

Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.. You know what I got available here..

Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.. You know what I got available here..
Will do! We got the ok from the mayor to go ahead we just gotta figure out where we are gonna set up. I will let you all know what all we can use when we get rolling.....

Hey Philbert the volunteers need some training in Baxter too! When Darick was talking with the mayor last night about us setting up and doing a carve-a-thin down there to help raise money for immediate needs he was told that one volunteer took a ride up a 14' trunk of an oak the the rootball was still attached on. It was spring loaded and as he cut the trunk loose it took off, for some reason or another he held on to it and he had to have someone get him down! Another guy already cut off his hand with a chainsaw. Proof positive that buying a poulan at Walmart and showing up to help doesn't make you a professional tree trimmer!

Send me a PM with a contact name (real name, not screen name) and phone number, along with the location, and I will see if I can put you in touch with the right people. There are networks of trained, volunteer groups around the country, and the key is to find the right group. Some may have already headed down to Arkansas and those areas.

Philbert

Send me a PM with a contact name (real name, not screen name) and phone number, along with the location, and I will see if I can put you in touch with the right people. There are networks of trained, volunteer groups around the country, and the key is to find the right group. Some may have already headed down to Arkansas and those areas.

Philbert
Pm sent! Thanks.

I finally got home awhile ago, I stayed in Redding Sunday night and last night. Calling for more rain tonight and tomorrow. We must have had some strong winds while I was gone, a few things got moved around from where they were when I left last Wedsday. It's 60 degrees in the house, so I need to go out and start a fire. Later Jim.

I finally got home awhile ago, I stayed in Redding Sunday night and last night. Calling for more rain tonight and tomorrow. We must have had some strong winds while I was gone, a few things got moved around from where they were when I left last Wedsday. It's 60 degrees in the house, so I need to go out and start a fire. Later Jim.
Stay warm Jim, spring cant be too far away............I wouldnt think.

Stay warm Jim, spring cant be too far away............I wouldnt think.
I hope so, the weather heads are saying 38 degrees for tonight, wth it's almost the first of May. The bad part is I think some of those 85 and 90 degree days aren't far off.

Back