Milled some nice solid cherry slabs and beams

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m in central texas. There are some trees that get big here and there but they have to be in a low spot that has good water supply. Unfortunately I don’t know anyone with that that hits all the check marks. But generally speaking if you get an oak at 20” diameter it’s a big tree here. Oh and max height is 60 feet for anything

That's really nice looking wood.
And seeing your truck makes me miss my old 'Yota. I love that truck. Family got too big though.

Bark/wood don't look like the black cherry we have here in the east, looks more like black/sweet birch.
I'm definitely no expert, but that's what I was thinking. Bark looks a lot like birch.

This is birch and the wood is much lighter of a color. Pretty much white when the cherry is more like orange, and black cherry usually doesn’t grow in residential neighborhoods here usually just the country FD466615-43DE-46E9-9E7C-1AA1F0303253.jpeg

Nice slabs. Will make nice mantles/furniture.

Bark/wood don't look like the black cherry we have here in the east, looks more like black/sweet birch. Did it smell like wintergreen? I know those are not native to PNW

Never been to the left coast so don't know what cherry grows there? Pin cherry is mentioned.

Nice wood regardless!
It looks like an Ornamental Cherry. Its not Black Cherry with that bark.

Latest posts

Back