Milled some Red Cedar with my CSM for the first run. PIX Carriage Mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddredgergold

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey fellas,
I finally got to mill a log on the new CSM I built. I posted progress pictures some time back but had life get in the way of finishing. But finally got it close enough for a few test cuts on an old cedar log. I been collecting logs for the last few months so I have a nice pile that are ready to make some lumber. So now it is time to get busy. I need to finish the remote throttle, fuel cell and the oiler setup. I just filled the saw up and cut this log to make sure I was on track.

It is a super pro 105. Not as cool as the 125 but it has been hot rodded up a bit so it does get it on. Fun saw to run.

That looks like a sweet setup!! I bet it zipped through that cedar pretty quick! Is your mill based on the Procut design? or did you come up with your own ideas? Looks like a good one.

I just looked for awhile online at many pictures of mills and built it on my own with the materials I had and got very cheap. I have just over $400 in the trailer and the mill not including the saw itself. So I did very good buying scrap steel ect.. Yes it blast through the cedar in a flash. Takes less than a minute per cut on that wood. I need to take a trip Next to Baileys and get a real ripping chain for the Mac.

Back