Milling a drawbridge for a castle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
189679d1309918090-iphone-july-2011-038-jpg

A man and his castle !

That ranks up there with a log home in in the cool factor. That is some great work. How long has it taken to build?

That ranks up there with a log home in in the cool factor. That is some great work. How long has it taken to build?
It certainly does! Stone works very well with timbers, and that stone work is beautiful.

Most log homes have a fair amount of stone work in them, and I plan to do so for the basement and fireplace of the log home I'm building.

That stone work on the castle looks AWESOME!

I live up in the Thousand Islands as some of you know. We have a couple of castles up here in the area that are breathtaking. Amazing what goes into building them. Imagine doing it centuries ago when they had no modern stone cutting tools.

2 years working on castle. We are moved in. 2nd and 3rd floors unfinished. There is a door on the veranda over the front door. We have rails up there now

Pic of finished woodwork on drawbridge. Got to get some chains to finish the look :), but will be for another day. At least it is functional now to walk up it. I'll get some pics of the inside. Inside is not castle like. It is finished in sheetrock and has a modern look. Just like a really nice regular house :)

That is awesome, a dude rich enough to have all that, yet chooses to mill it up himself-- YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!:bowdown:

So much more rewarding when you can say I did it myself, can't buy drawbridges too much anymore, at least not at HD:laugh:

Latest posts

Back