Milling Ky. Coffee bean tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl-in-Ky

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got out and got busy yesterday and milled some trees one of them was a Ky, coffee bean tree thought you might like a look.Also a pic of the 24" CSM I just finished last weekend and the pic of what it took me six hour to mill and load in the truck.All wood is cut 12/4 so I can remill it on my 17" bandsaw thus getting more wood and less sawdust. The other wood in the truck is cherry and walnut.:newbie:

Nice lumber, looks like you have a couple mills as well, always good to have a backup. Trucks ride better with a nice days workload in them too.

The walnut is green just cut the day before.The cherry and coffe bean tree were tops that the loggers cut last year.Yes I have two mills makes it a lot easier when using the ladder as that mill must be set at 6 1/2" then I can have the other one set to start milling lumber and yes if there are problems with the other as there were that day I can still keep cutting.Yes that was a load the biggest one I have ever had on that truck.

Iam a amature wood worker and use the wood I gather for christmas presents Bday presents and a little bit of furniture. When I built my house I built my kitchen cabinets out of some red oak I had milled out.As far as the coffe bean tree goes this is the first I have ever been able to get my hands on so will have to see what progect I use it for.

Latest posts

Back